CLOSED: Wo Xing Wo Su - Don...

Chinese name is 我行我素. Just east of the main gate of Qianhai/Houhai. Comfortable place, no smoking, accessible by public transport. Menu has some English. Chinese Name: 我行我素茶食坊 Chinese Address: 东城区地安门东大街61号,在平安大道霞光街口,皇城根遗址公园对面. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
61, Di'Anmen Dongda Jie, Dongcheng District
Beijing, China
+86-10-84011287

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by craigmc
Guest
Guest

I love this restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2010

This was one of my few surprises while I visited Beijing December 2009. Just by the title, "wo xing wo su" has a very modern and teenage tone to it. Sure enough, when we got there, the atmosphere was very fitting for a wide range of audience. It didn't have any religious atmosphere to it, rather it was a very chill, cozy, and friendly setting. The food and service there was great, I took my sister and my dad there several times and also recommended my friends to the place as well. There are vegan cakes there!!! ;) What they seem to promote was the environmental aspect of being a vegan, which was lovely for younger generations as they are more accepting to that. Also it is a mixture between a tea shop and a vegan restaurant, so for people who just want to drop by to have a wide range of Chinese tea, this is a good place as well! I thought this was rather a creative idea since people may be attracted in to drink tea but at the same time can be introduced to vegan eatery -- why not, since you're already there :D Very easy to find-- it is at the end of a T-shaped intersection, big green sign.

One of my favorites in Beijing, along with VeganHut, which is in Chaoyang district Soho

Pros: cozy atmosphere, pro-environment message, friendly staff
JesseD
JesseD

Good Centrally Located Restaurant

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2009

This restaurant was easy to find (clearly marked and on a corner), had friendly staff (little English, but it doesn't matter) and a good selection of food from a photo menu. It has a range of Chinese veg dishes. I ate here three times. I recommend trying it at least once while you are in Beijing.

Pros: good food, easy to find, friendly and efficient service
Loida
Loida

Good food

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2009

We went to the address of this restaurant but it had a different name. We went 2 times and we liked it very much. Menu has pictures and it is written in English. Staff speaks little English but we managed. You can buy vegerian food for few "yuans"

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food

argibbs
argibbs

Was it the right place?

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2008

I speak no mandarin, so can't be sure. Other reviews suggest we could have got the wrong place. It was freezing (winter in Beijing, brr) so didn't hang around to look for alternatives. Went Jan 29th 08 @ 8pm. We took the new number 5 metro to the ZhangZiZhongLu stop, then walked west for 10 min checking building numbers until we reached what we thought was the right place - a large building on the north of the road with a big 'Vegetarian' banner. Staff spoke no english, but the menu was dual-language. The food was very tasty, especially the stuffed dumplings. Slight confusion over my jasmine tea, but otherwise great service.

Pros: english subtext on menu, great food, good value
Cons: service a bit slow near closing time
Prussi
Prussi

duibuqi - I mistook the places!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2008

Recently I found out that I gave my old review to the wrong place. The "Wo Xing Wo Su" is a small restaurant 400m east of the main gate of qianhai/houhai. I don't like it so much there and I still prefer the other one, but I don't know the name of this place. See attached my old review:
100m west of the main gate of qianhai/houhai on the northside of dianmen very easy to find. It is in an ugly chinese hotel building where you can read in big letters "vegetarian". At first you think "Oh, my god!", but inside is a really nice atmosphere and a simple good interior design. It is a buddhist restaurant. Good taste, creative cuisine and reasonable price. Spiritual music in background. (I gave 4 cow-stars)

Pros: cheap
Cons: average food, not very clean
Jemima
Jemima

Good cuisine

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2008

Seemingly newly refurbished restaurant. Fairly quiet.
Suitable for couples, small groups, singles okay, larger groups bigger than four or five might benefit from calling ahead.
Very obliging wait staff, speak no English.
Menu has some English. Ordered "beef" and stir fried vegetables to take away, fresh and delicious.
Good value.

Pros: Good cuisine, Fresh
superbiggi
superbiggi

Still great food

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2007

After reading the reviews on this site, I tried the Wo Xing restaurant today. Even though it seems to have moved slightly (it is now directly at the south end of Beiheyan Dajie, where this street meets Dianmen Dongdajie) the food is still fantastic and very affordable. I tried two dishes with some rice and paid Y38 (of course it was way too much food to finish it all). The decor inside is nice and the waitresses are very friendly (no English though). Part of the menu has pictures. I definitely recommend it!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, No smoking
craigmc
craigmc

great staff, great food.

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2007

the food here was great. a great selection, no english speaking staff, but very nice staff. menu in english, with 50/50 split of a picture menu also. wide selection of tofu, vegetable and mock meat dishes. main dishes from cny12.
great atmosphere, tea tasting going on, and a nice all round feel. go, it's worth it!!!!

Pros: great staff, great selection, great food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Wo Xing Wo Su - Dongcheng: