Serves meat, veg options available. Large bakery selection, plus soy lattes, tofu sandwich; known for its specialty hoagies, and award-winning apple pie. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

lshell7
lshell7

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

So, I may be biased towards Winona's vs Freshies (see my review from June) as Winona's doesn't charge extra for tofu. I didn't try to sub tofu where it wasn't listed, like in some of the scrambles, but I didn't see an extra surcharge listed like at Freshies. The coffee was good, the alternative milk is soy, my husband and I both had the breakfast burrito and found it tasty, tho a little soggy, with plain cubed tofu - assuming they'd flavor the tofu in their scramble (it is labeled 'seasoned' tofu). And for you vegetarians, the cinnamon roll should not be missed, according to my husband ;)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 14, 2013

Pros: Price, Selection
Cons: Plain tofu in burrito?
katfitz
katfitz

Great bakery

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

Winonas has a nice selection of bakery items for breakfast. Tasty cakes and pies for special occasions too. It's also a nice place to eat breakfast and lunch but it can get a little too busy and you may end up waiting in the small entrance for a table. The sidewalk seating is a bit tough with the traffic noise. Despite these details, it's good food, give it a try.

Pros: good food, good bakery
Cons: cramped dining room, small waiting entrance, noising sidewalk seating
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Best Breakfast

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

I have to agree with Ruthe, below, that this is the best breakfast in Steamboat whether you are a vegan or vegetarian. It edges out Freshies. Winona's has more options and better flavor.

(Not that it matters but our meat-eating friends also love this place.)

Ruthe
Ruthe

Best Breakfast in Steamboat!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

Winona's is my favorite breakfast place in Steamboat. Before I turned vegan, I used to regularly go there for waffles and bacon, but now I have a new love in their tofu scramble. It is the best! I also love lunch, they have a great Thai veggie wrap to die for. There are many options to choose from on the menu that can be adapted, and everything is fresh and yummy. Don't miss it if you are traveling to the "boat"!

Pros: Choices, Fresh , great staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Winona's: