Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house with plenty of seating, frequented by college students and professors. Offers breakfast and lunch food with vegetarian choices like gado gado, garden burrito, veggie sandwich, and a vegetarian soup of the day. Quick service. Free Wi-Fi and plugs for charging a computer. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by mbentz
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Great coffee, but not much for food (bfst)

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2015

I used the filter feature on the HappyCow app to find a vegan friendly place that served early breakfast during the week. This is what I came up with. It's near the University, parking was easy to find at 7:00 AM, but I am not sure how hard it would be later in the day. It looks like it could be a challenge. I went in to order and I asked what my vegan options were. The guy taking my order got tripped up by the question and solicited the help of another employee. Ultimately, what I got was "not much." None of the baked goods were vegan and very few of the menu items were vegan. The breakfast burrito can be made vegan by losing the egg for tofu and skipping the cheese. I opted for the Vegan Garden Burrito and it was nothing special. I felt like I should have gone for the breakfast burrito.

It does look a little more vegan friendly for their lunch/dinner food, but the real draw for me is the fresh roasted coffee that they produce onsite. It's really pretty rare anymore to find places that roast their own coffee. If you want good roasted coffee, this is your place. If the coffee isn't that big of a deal, go find a meal somewhere else.

Pros: Great coffee, Some vegan options, Fair prices
philjdomm
philjdomm

Vegan Friendly

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

Student pricing, large portions, convenient in uni town

Pros: Price, Portions, Flexible
Cons: Vegetarian, Mistakes
mbentz
mbentz

one of my FAVORITES

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

This place is amazing. They have delicious coffee and spicy chai. I love the New Mexican food their, as well as the breakfast stuff. Their veggi soup of the day is usually my choice, but if you're vegetarian their quiche is to die for. And it's super cheap!

Pros: cheap & fast, delicious, nice people
Cons: sometimes crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Winning Coffee Co.: