Carries a large variety of fresh, natural, organic and whole foods, nutritional products, and health information. Adjacent to the Tea Room, a largely organic/vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free food bar with salads, soups, and sandwiches. Closed Sun. more-less
223 E Main St (N Federal Blvd )
Riverton, Wyoming 82101

vegetommyan
vegetommyan

Wind River Mercantile

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2013

An excellent store considering the small space and small client base. They do their best to provide healthy choices for food including gluten free, fat free, sugar free, and GMO free items. Their organic produce is always fresh but sometimes a bit limited in variety. Very Pricey though. Typical items are about 3X the price of (unhealthy versions of the same) items from a chain grocer. I am glad we have them here is this tiny town.

Pros: Good alternative food selection, Nice friendly staff, Progressive politically
Cons: High prices, Small selection due to store size, Only open regular 9-5 type hours
xandriah
xandriah

Low Key, Big Promise

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

Wind River Mercantile is s health food store that (I believe) is owned by the same woman as she who owns the Tea Room. Wind River Mercantile holds a wide variety of products (Bob's Red Mill, various oils, flours, bars, etc..). The price is OK, comparable to any Whole Foods or corporate chain.
The Tea Room is THE BOMB.
I had searched Riverton while passing through with my grandmother and I was sure I had to resign myself to Subway. While driving there, I saw the sign for Sandwiches and soups and I chose to stop inside. Parking is plentiful. I ordered the Sunshine Burger (Vegan) on a gluten free bun. The burger was small in comparison to the burgers of other establishments, but perfect for my hunger (most portions are oversized anyway..). It was delicious! The bun left something to be desired but the burger itself was tasty and obviously fresh and handmade. Good quality.
On a side note, the Tea Room offers several sandwiches that are not vegan or vegetarian- pleasing the omnivores and us veggies.
Our waitress/cashier (the same woman) was super nice and helpful.
However, don't expect your food to come fast. Unless you call ahead.

Pros: Good quality food, Cheap
Cons: Few options

Dear Owner and Manager of Wind River Mercantile: