Wildflour Market and Bakery

Serves meat, veg options available. Emphasis is on whole food and original recipes. Fresh bread made in-house. Menu includes a full page of veggie choices. The atmosphere is homey, comfortable. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Catering, Non-veg
1212 Fourth St SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24016
Now Open

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by kkamenetsky

Great food!

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

They have lots of vegan options, you just have to ask the staff. They're happy to change a dish up. We've been twice, the first time I had the red beans and rice (without cheese) which was very good. Second time I had a millet patty with no cheese and I added avocado. Very yummy! They even double checked which breads were vegan for me! None of their desserts are vegan.

Pros: very vegan-friendly, great food, helpful staff
Cons: no vegan desserts

A perfect place for a vegetarian on the road

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Roanoke is a usual stop for us on the way from NJ to visit family in North and South Carolina. We always have dinner at the Wildflour Market and Bakery. The storefront space is large, open and inviting. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. There are always multiple vegetarian options including specials. There is a variety, Mexican dishes, lasagna, ricotta pie, and a tasty grain burger that is different than the usual veggie burger fare. My family has enjoyed the food on each visit. Last, but not least, they have a huge selection of fabulous cakes! After multiple stops here, I can honestly say there is no downside.

Pros: tasty food, welcoming space, friendly staff
Cons: parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Wildflour Market and Bakery: