Organic produce, deli, vitamins, and more. Also, there is a bakery inside called Ramone's, which has some vegan friendly cookies and date bars. more-less

First Review by kindlizard
Mitch Cohen
Mitch Cohen

Good Market, but beware the bakery!

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2009

Wildberries Marketplace is excellent.

But, vegans must avoid the Ramone's Bakery within the store. Bad labels. No ingredient lists. No vegan desserts; and an ignorant employee gave me a false answer when I explicitly asked (no eggs, no dairy; lactose-intolerant), even though there wasn't any line of customers & she could have looked it up.

When I passed thru ultra vegan-friendly Arcata, I was surprised by the lack of vegan desserts. When I saw the Ramone's counter, I thought other places didn't try because they simply couldn't compete. When I went to Ramone's in Eureka, I found out the truth. The Eureka staff got defensive, rather than apologetic, perhaps fearing getting sued over any reactions from my lactose-intolerance.

Pros: good selection
Cons: bakery bad to vegans
kindlizard
kindlizard

I like this place

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

I stop here every time my way down the 101. Large clean w lots of options, juice bar, bakery and deli. Dig it.

Dear Owner and Manager of Wildberries Marketplace: