Vegetarian food restaurant situated above Rainbow Wholefoods store. Opened Nov 2013. Offers a variety of salads, mains, and cakes. Vegan food is labelled. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, British, English

Chris_D
Chris_D

may require booking

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

We couldn't get in on a normal Monday lunchtime without a reservation or a half hour wait. Menu is also a little pricey.

flipmitch
flipmitch

Good for lunch

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2015

Have been here just a couple of times as I live outside the city and nearly always go to Loving Hut if I'm hungry.

The food is OK with a good vegan selection, I can't really fault it but like other reviews I feel like the place is just missing something.

What its missing is hard to put my finger on, it just feels like it needs a good kick up the arse, some vibrancy put into the place. The staff are friendly enough and when I glanced into the kitchen the cook seemed to be happy and enjoying her work.

The food wasn't bland.....but it wasn't inspiring either, maybe I'm just being a little too hard on the place, I dunno, its OK, go try it for yourself.

Pros: Above a great whole food shop, Central location, Great coffee
Cons: No access for disabled people, No atmosphere, Nothing to write home about
Rosa Mundi
Rosa Mundi

Lovely, interesting food

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2015

I had a tasty meal here today. The service was excellent and there were lots of unusual combinations. Good sized portions.
I would highly recommend this cafe.

Pros: Interesting, tasty food, Characterful surroundings, City centre venue
Cons: Upstairs so not suitable for some, Daytime only

Tessparker
Tessparker

Good food, lacking service.

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2014

Good food, lacking service.
We had the miso soup and bubble and squeak- miso soup (we think) wasn't glutenfree (we asked the women serving us, who said yes, but maybe didnt check with the kitchen). As coeliacs, we both had stomache aches after the soup. The bubble and squeak was delicious.
Good range of vegan options, everything is completely vegan. Decor is funky, very open and light.
Staff left us standing, waiting to be seated, as they walked past 3 times. Drinks were put on the table with no words (While I know you're in a rush, its not that hard just to say "here you are", it feels far less awkward).
Left feeling unwelcome, when a few smiles would have completely changed that. As someone who has worked in businesses similar to this one for years, I know that no matter how busy it gets, it's not hard to engage with your customers and let them feel comfortable being there. Friendliness always goes above efficiency.

Pros: Price, Range, Decor
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Glutenized us?
claire lille
claire lille

OK

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

I found this restaurant a little missing and not sure in what. The style seemed a little bland and the food was OK but I may have gone a bad day as I found it hard to see what was Vegan food and what was not, the person serving seemed to find it hard too. Out of all the Vegan/Veggie rest I have been too this has been my least fav.

Pros: Has Vegan, In a lovely courtyard, Has a great health shop under it
Cons: A bit bland, Food just OK and costs a lot, Staff not that friendly
  • TonyF TonyF

Went there a while ago with a group of vegans, we had the pretty bad experience of being given butter (after asking for vegan marg.), the waitress insisted what she gave us was vegan.. some of us were prepared to accept that but I took the butter back to the kitchen area myself and it was accepted that we had been served butter. Generally a very poor menu for vegans, lots of eggs and dairy.

emmakgj
emmakgj

Good vegan food

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Good food, I had the mushroom bruscetta to start and vegan paella which was very tasty.

The start was better than my main but both were really good. They clearly understand vegan food and have a good, varied menu.

Also a good range of juices.

Pros: good understanding of vegan food, Good service
Clare Bear
Clare Bear

Tasty lunch!

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

A very tasty lunch - vegan Japanese noodle salad with sea vegetables. A menu with unusual dishes, and lots of nutrients. Would have liked to try more, but it filled me up!

redrach
redrach

Never Again

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

I attended this venue with my children and a friend on Tuesday and will never visit again. The menu was lack lustre and not very child friendly. I had already been turned away as they were busy and told a table would be reserved in half an hour. I returned half an hour later to find that we still had to wait as one had not been set aside. Every drink and food item we asked for had apparently sold out or was not available. I reluctantly ordered pitta pizza's for my children after I had almost had to buy my own vegan cheese to do this. (There is a health food shop below) Eventually the waitress offered to provide the cheese. They told us that they had no wedges then when the brought them out they were undercooked and my children could not eat them. For a few wedges, three pitta's, some carrot sticks and houmous and four drinks (non alcoholic) They tried to charge me £42. I was so angry and was preparing to leave when the waitress admitted over charging me by £13.I can honestly say that I have never been to a worse vegan cafe in my life. The food they served was barely edible. One of the waitresses was miserable too. I had driven an hour from my home especially to give my daughters a treat in half term. NEVER EVER again. Overpriced horrible food with no imagination. Anyone thinking of eating vegan food in Norwich, go to Trowse and the River Green Cafe. That place is fantastic and is in a different league. Wild thyme is terrible.

Pros: pretty venue
Cons: menu, pricing, not child friendly
pip1
pip1

Wonderful breakfast made with love

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

Super vegan breakfast. Kale!! Sweet potatoes!! Fancy mushrooms...wow what a treat. We will have to come back for cake next time...

Coadey
Coadey

Excellent!

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

We had a chance to visit Wild Thyme for lunch, and were happily surprised that over half of the menu is available vegan! :) Their homemade dips made a flavorful appetizer, the veggies tasted fresh and the mains were beautifully presented (a falafel burger with seasoned sweet potato chips, and a wholesome lentil curry).

The staff were also very welcoming and service was great even though the restaurant was full. Reservations strongly recommended for Friday/Saturday lunches. :)

Pros: Vegan options, Atmosphere
SimonCourt
SimonCourt

First visit- very happy :-)

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

Eagerly awaited vegetarian restaurant in centre of Norwich, above the wonderful Rainbow Wholefoods shop off Guildhall Hill.

I could not decide what to have from the extensive menu - since when did a veggie have a real choice in the centre of Norwich? - so had a special -from the board. Kale, mushroom and walnut loaf with mustardy mash, fresh (squeezed) orange juice. Vegan brownie and ice cream is a triumph.

Tasty food, good service, comfortable surroundings. Looking forward to my next Wild Thyme.

Pros: Extensive menu, Attentive and friendly service, Vegan brownies

Dear Owner and Manager of Wild Thyme: