Wild Oats Food Co-op

Great little store with wonderful variety, Organic produce, helpful staff. more-less

First Review by mv3
mv3
mv3

My Home

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

I'm a student at Williams College just up the road from Wild Oats. Every Saturday (and some Sundays), I walk to Wild Oats, buy a big salad from their salad bar and fill up my re-usable kombucha bottle with their local kombucha and sit down to study. Everyone there is really friendly. Sometimes Woody will play his banjo if it gets slow and bring me free cookies. He's always very positive and he makes me feel less dragged down by all the studying I have to do.

Wild Oats doesn't have a lot of international products, but it has some really good local stuff -- in particular, maple skyr, Aqua Vitea kombucha, and rosemary bagels. I also am a big fan of their salad bar (obviously), though if you get there late in the day, the greens get a bit wilted. Their red wine vinaigrette is tops! They also make really good hummus wraps and a remarkable raw salad with kale and swiss chard and a citrus dressing; the one downside is that their already-prepped food is expensive.

In sum: great people, friendly place to study (they have a little cafe at the front), standard co-op stuff (note: they do carry meat and dairy), and some particularly excellent local products

Pros: Cafe at the front + outside tables, Friendly staff, Good sized
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Wild Oats Food Co-op: