CLOSED: Wild Greens

A community-oriented vegetarian cafe and bakery using local and often organic ingredients. Lunch is inexpensive sandwiches, salads, and soups while dinner is hot plates and mains with side salad and bread for $12-14 each dish. Hosts baking classes, brunch on Saturday, and live acoustic music weekends. SEPT 2013 OWNER COULD NO LONGER OPERATE. BECAME Bread & Roses Kitchen. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Bakery
915-2 Railroad Ave (besides Bread & Roses Co-op)
Tallahassee, Florida 32310
850-422-2131

Open Tue-Sat 12-4pm, 11:30am-3pm, 6-10pm, Sat 10am-3pm, 6-10pm.

First Review by WordDiver
Sonsearae
Sonsearae

Very Tasty!!

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

I had hummus and veggie sandwich (sans cheese) and was delicious! The bread was to die for. Spicy mustard potato salad was a bonus. Dessert was key lime pie, not sure if it was vegan or vegetarian but it was outstanding.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Great food
realguy123
realguy123

Excellent food! Great atmosphere!

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

Was in Tallahassee for a day and ate here with my mother. We both really enjoyed the food, and they were able to cook our entrées without any oil, as we requested. The soup and entrée were fantastic. We also had some biscuits, which I believe were made with sweet potatoes. They were incredible. Definitely check this place out - you won't regret it.

AnnaNimitee
AnnaNimitee

Excellent Experience!

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2013

Man, where to start! We were visiting Tallahassee for a wedding this weekend, and went in search of a vegan-friendly dinner after a long drive. Everything about our experience here was fantastic. Service was friendly and fast, wine and beer prices and selection were great, and the food..oh, the food was not only beautifully presented, it was DEEEEEEElicious!

I had the eggplant burger, and my dining companion had the shepherd's pie (he also ended up ordering one of the soups). I'm not sure what kind of bread the burger was on, but it was such a perfect compliment to the rest of the ingredients. Seriously has to be one of the best veggie burgers I've ever tasted.

It was so nice to be able to just ask our server if dishes could be made vegan (most of them can be) and not feel like we were asking for something outlandish. It was great to be in a place that really understands what that means so we didn't have to worry about what was coming from the kitchen.

Just a note about how Wild Greens treats their customers. There was a gentleman that came in with a to-go order. While he was waiting, he was seated at one of the tables, and the server brought out water (without being asked). It was such a little gesture, but really spoke volumes to me about the level of customer service and consideration here.

If you're looking for fresh, tasty, quality food, service, and a fun, laid-back atmosphere, this is the place to go!

Pros: Fantastic food, Great service, Great value
Cons: Not a single one!

Laurenwalz
Laurenwalz

We Love Wildgreens!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

There is a lot to love about Wild Greens:
1. THE FOOD. The specials rotate to fit the local produce used, but everything I have had has been stunning. I am a huge fan of veg food with southern flair, and the Hoppin' Johns are nice and satisfying, the salads are always crisp and tart and a little sweet, and the eggplant patty burger is divine. Also, everything can be made vegan! Yay!
2. The beer and wine selection is abbreviated but very good! They have some nice craft beers and I think I hear something about the selection expanding?
3. The restaurant itself is located off the the side of Bread & Roses Coop, and is THE MOST CHARMING. The lighting is excellent, and when there aren't really lovely live performers, the music selection is always subtle and enjoyable. Also, the local art on the walls is pretty entrancing.

In short, I have been three times, and will go back. I would take my mother to this restaurant. This is a nice place!

fnprice
fnprice

Favorite restaurant in town veg or otherwise

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2012

Just went to Wild Greens for the first time tonight and it is awesome! We had the cheese plate (Sweet Grass Dairy Cheeses, candied pecans, fruit and house made flat breads), chick pea cutlet (house made) over mashed potatoes, and the house made veggie sausage (the best veggie sausage ever!). Everything was just excellent and the portions were HUGE.

Pros: Excellent house made veggie entrees
WordDiver
WordDiver

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

I've had their veggie burger, which is slightly spicy and one of the best I've had. Also, at dinner, had their Hopping John Cakes, which also are just a tad spicy, perfectly so, with mango salsa, and it was fantastic. Make sure you try their pumpkin biscuits. Jeez, this place is great.

Pros: Very reasonable
Cons: Small, limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Wild Greens: