Wild Ginger

Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese restaurant in a comfortable and charming setting. Has a separate vegetarian menu that includes mockmeat dishes (ask if contains whey). Formerly named Natural Village. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Asian, Take-out, Non-veg
1928 County Line Rd (Justa Farm Shopping Ctr)
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania 19006-1738
215-364-3960

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun 12-9:30pm.

First Review by almondeyes
tresbonnes
tresbonnes

Great

4 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

On the spur of the moment, we went to Wild Ginger for Mother's Day this year. Apparently many other people had the same idea. The decor is tasteful and very zen with a quiet waterfall in the center of the restaurant. The food is very good and is beautifully presented. Best of all, although this is not a strictly vegetarian or vegan restaurant, they understand the principles of vegan food and cheerfully execute almost any dish following those principles.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 19, 2012

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, very vegetarian and vegan savvy
carolynpsu
carolynpsu

Very Vegan friendly

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

It was great to choose from a whole section of the menu that was vegan. My non-veg family loved the food too. The decor is great and it's BYOB.

Pros: selection, food, decor
mariaxoitaliana
mariaxoitaliana

• non-vegetarian

Amazing...

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2009

Me and my sister come here at least once a week. We love it here and the service is great! We have nearly tried everything on the menu and there is not one thing we do not like, try the fried banana/ice cream its great or the sticky ice cream (i forget the real name :)

Pros: tasty!, great staff!, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: no complaints here!
Yoshi
Yoshi

Closed, but re-opening

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2008

As a frequent customer of Natural Village, on a recent trip I learned that they will be closing for a few weeks and re-opening with a new name and a new sushi bar. Apparently the former owners sold the business to their niece, and she has some new ideas. My wife and I always loved coming here, so we are anxiously looking forward to its return. The people here are super friendly, the food is good, and it's a lot easier to get to than driving (and parking) in Chinatown. Even though it's only half veggie, it's a great place to have in the suburbs. Support this place!

elisabethdean
elisabethdean

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2007

I recently ate at Natural Village and I LOVED IT! After so many dining experiences with meat-eating friends where I only had a choice of perhaps 2-3 vegan options (if that) on the menu, this was HEAVENLY to me! To start, they have a separate "Vegetarian" dining section, which made me feel at home right away. Because I was with meat-eaters, we didn't sit there, but I knew this was a place that wasn't going to think I was weird or crazy for my food preferences. On the menu, there was a whole section devoted to Vegan items. They had everything (and more) that was listed on the meat-eating menu. My friend ordered the "regular" General Tso's chicken and I ordered the vegan version. Mine came out looking even more beautifully arranged than hers, and she tried mine and said it tasted better. She swears next time she goes that she is going to order the Vegan General Tso's chicken!

I highly, highly recommend this place. It is very vegetarian/vegan friendly and the food is excellent!

Pros: Lots of choices, can take meat-eaters, Friendly staff
Cons: NONE!

almondeyes
almondeyes

My favourate place!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2007

I love this place. My favourate dishes here are the vegan Sunflower Shrimp and vegan General Tsao's Chicken, but I've tried many of their dishes and nothing is yucky.

This is a chinese restaurant you can take anyone to because they have a full menu of meat chinese dishes and a full menu of vegan chinese dishes. I've taken many meat eaters here and they have tried my vegan dish and liked what they tasted.

Dear Owner and Manager of Wild Ginger: