Wild Ginger - Bedford Ave

Makes a variety of Asian dishes, including different mock meats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-Friendly, Pan-Asian, Chinese, Take-out
212 Bedford Ave (N 5th St, in Williamsburg)
Brooklyn, New York 11211
718-218-8828

First Review by jkbartol
LillaMy
LillaMy

tasty and beautiful food

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

I was in this restaurant 2 summers ago and loved, loved, loved it!The atmosphere and the place were very pleasant, the staff friendly, and the food great. All the dishes me and my friends ordered were delicious, came in good portions and were beautifully presented -they were even decorated with flowers!!
I especially enjoyed the lytchee sorbet I had for dessert, it had just the natural lytchee flavor and didn't have too much sugar, it was just perfect :)

Pros: nice place&atmosphere, friendly staff, tasty&beautiful food
Cons: none
veganbeing
veganbeing

DON'T MISS THIS PLACE!

5 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

I promise you will want to eat here every day. Meals are big, so easy to split with someone (especially if you're getting an appetizer to go with your meal). Tons of delicious veggies and vegan meats. Order a beer if you like. You won't believe their homemade sauces. WOW. Great location and even though it doesn't have a ton of tables (no place in this area really does), there's rarely a long wait. EAT HERE!

Pros: Excellent sauces , Fabulous wheat meats, Lovely atmosphere
Cons: A touch expensive but worth it
antgirl
antgirl

Best vegan food in Brooklyn

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

Without a doubt the best vegan food in Brooklyn and for a great price! Everything I have had there is amazing. The Sweet Citrus Soy Protein with kale is amazing! And I am not usually a fan of sweet citrus flavors, but this is amazing! In fact, everything I have had here is great.

Pros: Delicious, Great price, Great location
veganmarcy
veganmarcy

Wild Ginger - Vegan Warning

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2009

FYI this applies to their Cobble Hill location, but seems like it could apply to all their locales - their soy cheese is NOT vegan, it has casein (milk product) in it. It's not marked on the menu as such, I had to ask for them to read their soy cheese label. They were happy to do so, but I just wanted to warn anyone having (for example) the soy cheese-stuffed wontons at a "vegan" restaurant. There was also an item marked as having whey (milk product) and you should specify whether your thai iced tea/coffee is made vegan or non-vegan. Hope this helps!

• Wild GInger Wild GInger

Hi Marcy,
    At Cobble Hill we are marking our wontons as non-vegan. The Bedford Ave. spot--which we at Broome St. and Cobble Hill created--is no longer under our management!

Guest
Guest

perfect

5 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2008

we intended on eating at foodswings this afternoon but failed to check their hours before venturing out... they were closed and we wandered around aimlessly looking for something to eat (we're from out of town and didn't have a plan b.) we somehow ended up at wild ginger... the sietan skewers were AMAZING! my husband had the curry lunch special and was thoroughly pleased. i had the orange sietan and couldn't have been happier. everything was cooked to perfection, the waitresses were quite attentive to our needs, and the restaurant was spotless. needless to say, we were quite pleased to have ended up there and will certainly be going back.

Pros: delicious, great service, great selection
Cons: a bit expensive

jkbartol
jkbartol

A+

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

My vegan girlfriend and I stumbled into Wild Ginger to get out of the rain and had dinner there. We loved it so much and the dinner menu completely rocks. I am looking at it now and there are 16 different appetizers, 11 soups and salads, 18 mains, and 13 noodle and rice dishes. I had the pad thai and my girlfriend had the orange seitan. Both meals were filling and REALLY delicious. Most Asian veggie places rely on their sauces to sell a bland meal of tofu and veggies but WG was inventive with their courses as well as their sauces. For example, the orange seitan wasn't like normally processed seitan with a sesame orange sauce, it was lightly breaded and sautéed and served really crispy. Someone put a lot of effort into crafting this menu for sure because the same goes for the sweet citrus soy protein with kale, sweet and sour sesame soy protein, and avocado salad.

The real cool thing about this place is that the lunch specials start at noon and go until 4:30 with 15 menu items to choose from at $5-9 and it includes miso soup, spring roll, and rice. We just drink waters and our total is $16.29 for the both of us. The ambience is pleasant too making it a nice place for a date or friends. Out of all the cool veggie places near Bedford, this one is definitely the best in all aspects, food, cleanliness, and price.

Do it dude. You won't regret it.

Dear Owner and Manager of Wild Ginger - Bedford Ave: