Serves meat, veg options available. Burger eatery with bar that's a partner of Slow Food Deutschland program. For each burger variety you choose one of 4 patties (beef, shrimp, vegetarian bulgur-spinach or vegan green spelt-almond). Has salads other snack foods that are vegan suitable. Free Wi-Fi. Opened in 2003. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Berger Strasse 77

cheeky vegan
cheeky vegan

Bit on the pricey side

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2015

I took my big meat eating friend here last year, and I was excited for somewhere that might provide a nice plant based choice for myself and something to satisfy him, it's hard to find a resturaunt to please us both really!

I was excited to see a couple vegan choices on the menu (there were also some vegetarian) and a nice variety of toppings like avocado. I think i ordered the Grünkern burger, which itself was lovely but teeny tiny and about 7 or so euro, along with some sweet potato fries that werent very nice. My friend liked the lamb burger he got but wasnt amazed, and he ordered a large so it was more like 12 bucks. It took a long long time for the food to come out and it wasnt too busy in there.

Anyways, it was alright but what we ended up paying was enough to go for a posh meal, I probably wouldnt go back. But if you want to fork out a bit more for a better quality organic burger, this is a good place to go :)

Pros: labelled vegan options, funky toppings, organic
Cons: long wait, a bit pricey
Tanja.be
Tanja.be

Burger & fries vegan

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2015

Wenn man als Veganer in Frankfurt wirklich Bock auf Pommes & Burger hat, dann ist das die beste Anlaufstelle!
Allerdings sollte man immer genug Zeit mitbringen und die Bestellung sehr genau äußern!

Tank242
Tank242

Best Berger Burger Bar

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

Wow. What a true venue. You can see it in every detail, the inventors of WL bring all their credo in. At least, this is what I see when I am looking at the menue or take a look around the restaurant.

Everything is organic and seems handpicked - as if the owner would have decided to buy stuff for good friends.
Organic Pinkus beer from Münster, very nice and good gin, even organic tobacco and cigarettes, great lemonade, carefully selected vine, and, of course, really sophisticated burger (patties). There are also other good dishes on the menue, but, as this is a burger bar: Who cares???

The downside of this place? They serve meat, but the focus is on vegetarian und vegan options. This is also the potential - first of all, usually the carnivore has a rich choice of burgers.
Here, his first option is a meat patty. His second option two patties. This can be combined with about 10 different burger styles.

For the peaceful eater, Wiesenlust offers one vegetarian patty and usually 3 vegan patties and the 10 styles.

They also create four season specials per year, usually vegan and related to the locally available seasonal ingredients.

I have heard of several meat-eating friend, the Wiesenlust inspired them to order veg patties and that they were totally happy with their choice...

Unfortunately, Wiesenlust has to earn cow number five, as it only can be awarded for meat-free restaurants.

Pros: centrally located on berger str., great menue, top quality ingredients
Cons: no reservations

Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Nice Burgers

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

The vegan burgers are ok - I just don't really get the concept of rather healthy organic burgers, because if I want a burger, I want a fat fast food style burger. If I don't want that, I have something else altogether.

But still, the vegan patty tastes good (even though I would like a more "traditional" burger patty made of soy and wheat or something, as an option) and there are plenty varieties (with avocado, cole slaw, different herbs, fancy mayonnaises, ...). All the sauces/dips are vegan, too. The salad dressing isn't made with cow's yoghurt but with silken tofu. I really appreciate things like that!
The fries and sweet potato fries are also tasty. I'm not sure whether the onion rings are vegan, too. Another vegan option is Chili sin Carne, and they have vegan lunch deal, breakfast and kids meal options.

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit expensive