A small vegetarian and vegan restobar in underground Krakow. Serves Polish cuisine with an emphasis on fresh vegetables. Has raw and gluten free options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Polish, Raw, Beer/Wine

First Review by pacopaco
nielswied
nielswied

fine restaurant indeed

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

Wielopole, at walking distance from Krakow Centre, has excellent food indeed, good wine and good beer. We were served by young girls, not very able to make the right bill. They did not charge enough, so we had to correct them to pay the things we had. I do not understand how they can exist, as there were only four guests here at dinner time. Drawback (mentioned also by others on this site) is that the restaurant is in a cellar, no daylight so a bit gloomy.

Pros: good food in great variation, good beer and wine, clean
Cons: no daylight
anka_gollas
anka_gollas

great choice (V/GF) super service but a bit blend

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

ive been there once while visiting krakow and got very excited as i have seen in the internet that in wielopole there is a great choice for gluten free vegans. indeed. i really like the choice - sophisticated main dishes and sups all in a great price! i have got a cabbage soup as a starter - very tasty and then a buckwheat bowls with beetroot and a salad - a bit too blend to my taste. the service was perfect - restaurant standard. i wasnt impressed by the interior - nothing special like a regular (boring) restaurant. i would definitely go back to check other dishes!

Pros: excellent service, great prices, many gluten free options
Cons: blend food, interior
TheMalteseVegan
TheMalteseVegan

Vegan heaven

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

If you’re looking for a more fine dining kind of veg@n cooking, one of my favorites is Wielpole3 (which you’ll find at… you guessed it… Wielople street, 3). It doesn’t only cater for veg@n but for raw foodists too! Though the food has a fine dining theme to it, the place very homely and the food is not pretentious. I loved the zucchini tagliatelle with Kale pesto, the barley juice with lavender syrup, the fruit Carpaccio, the buckwheat burger, pancakes (incredible) and the dumplings (asian not polish style – they’re the ones that are basically lightly cooked bread buns). We ate here twice.

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff
Cons: underground
mmcgauran
mmcgauran

Delicious vegand and vegetarian food

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2013

Funky new restaurant (has only been open about 6 months) which is one of the only vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Krakow where you actually get table service. Very helpful and friendly waiter. Delicious food made fresh once you order. Even my meat eating husband enjoyed the food! Homemade smoothies and lavender/barley drinks are a highlight.

Pros: Fresh Food, Table Service, Good Location
Mrok
Mrok

Extravagant vegetarian cuisine

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

New place for vegan and vegetarian people in center of Cracow, 5 min walk from Main Square. Beautifully served fusion between modern healthy cooking and polish tradition. What's important affordable priced. I don't like tv set hanging on the wall.

Pros: tasty, fresh meals, close to the center & affordable, always something new in menu

pacopaco
pacopaco

One visit only, and yet: Total fail

2 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2013

I really hate to say it, since the owner was obviously going out of his way to do whatever he could to not let us walk out of this place in utter disappointment. He failed.

He repeatedly assured us, that this was a very bad day and many things have gone wrong (kitchen, staff, delivery etc.) - maybe that's true, they opened not too long ago, so there might be a lack of routine. But I have heard this way too many times to really care. He was bartending, taking orders, helping out in the kitchen, and serving ten people by himself (with his 6-year old son lending a hand occasionaly). Half of the menu wasn't available, which left us with only two vegan options for the main course. The soup was there immediately, but for the rest we had to wait for about 40 mins (nothing fancy, a burger and potato fritters). The result definitely wasn't worth the wait, though - mushy, luke-warm and insipid (I am pretty sure they didn't use any spices at all). The cocktail we ordered never arrived.

The lavender water was perfect, refreshing - and unfortunately the only good thing I remember about our experience at "Wielopole3". This is sad, because in a strictly formal sense it is one of Krakow's two true veggie restaurant (besides "Pod norenami") - only I am afraid it will not be around for much longer. Even if we chanced upon a bad day, the menu, the food quality, the atmosphere still don't allow for much hope and I would be (happily) surprised, if I were to read any positive reviews about this place 6 months from now.

I know that this text probably won't help, but this is about businesses, not charity. And this appears to be one poorly planned business.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Tasteless food, poor service

Dear Owner and Manager of WieloPole3: