Worst service of any Whole Foods I've been to!
Posted on 02 / 21 / 2008
When you walk in this Whole Foods, it's full bright colors and fresh produce (some organic), just like any other Whole Foods. Nothing looks amiss.
However, I've been to Whole Foods Markets in at least 5 states (at least 13 stores). This store has the worst service of any Whole Foods I've ever been to (at least . I went to the bakery area to look for a vegan roll. There was a roll there that may have been vegan, and it was the only one without an ingredient label. The nearest employee was talking on the phone on what seemed to be a personal call. I stood there and looked at him, but he ignored me. I asked him if he could please help me, but he continued on with his personal call, ignoring me as if I wasn't there. What a "Team Member." I had to go hunting down another "Team Member" to help me.
Other observations about the store:
* The small roll costs 99 cents.
* The salad bar costs $7.99 a pound for non-organic produce. Not a lot of vegan options there.
* Not a lot of vegan options in their store-made prepared food section either.
* A particular type of supplement proclaimed a "sale" price of $29.99. (The regular price in most stores for this supplement is $26.99.)
* Attached to the shelf, they have $2.00 off coupons for another one of their supplements. These coupons expired 3 months ago.
* On one visit to this store, I bought one of their packaged raw foods dishes that wasn't even near its pull date. I opened it about 10 minutes later and it was rancid.
After my experiences at this Whole Foods, I prefer to shop at Follow Your Heart's natural grocer less than 3 miles away in Canoga Park. The aisles are more crowded, but the service is much better, they're not a chain, and have a decent restaurant.
The same pros of any other Whole Foods:, Some fresh organic produce, Some vegan options
TERRIBLE service, High prices, Lack of attention to detail