Whole Foods Market

Large natural foods supermarket chain featuring fresh produce including organic, deli foods, juice bar, vitamins, care products, grocery, and more. more-less

First Review by vegan sunshine
Michelle_K
Michelle_K

friendly yet small

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

This is the only Whole Foods in the area and it is incredibly tiny! Of course they cannot offer everything that a larger store would have but the staff is very helpful if you need something they do not sell. Someone ordered an item they did not carry for me and now it is on the shelf!

Pros: friendly
Cons: very small, limited selection
Plant Strong
Plant Strong

Small Store - Decent Product Selections

3 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

We shop at this Whole Foods store often, there are not a lot of options that can directly compare to this store locally. This particular location is small and feels somewhat cramped and almost uncomfortable shopping when it is a busy day/night.

I will start with the produce department, as I said we shop here often and it seems like the last 6 months the produce, especially potatoes, onions, avocados, bananas, just go bad very quickly. If I had another organic produce shopping option, I would probably go elsewhere because of this issue.

The dry goods, canned goods, frozen foods, vitamins sections are really good, there are plenty of options to choose from in these areas. The beauty/personal products are as well very good items to choose from.

The deli/prepped foods I personally have no interest in trying, they are just not appealing to me. I have tried the very limited vegan items they have in the bakery and they are just OK, would like to see more vegan friendly items in this area.

The staff are usually friendly, there are a few persons who just never greet you or say anything, and then there are others who are very hospitable and make the shopping experience a little nicer.

Overall I give this store 3 stars, its just OK when it comes to location, and shopping experience.

Pros: Product Selection
Cons: Small Store, Cramped, Produce Not Always Fresh, Some Items Too Pricey
alieliza97
alieliza97

Great Store

3 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

I love Whole Foods! This one is the closest option to my house. They have a lot of vegan yummies down the isles and all that - but their bakery section unfortunately doesn't have any vegan cookies or sweets. Their hot food section didn't have too much either. Another review said they have vegan doughnuts, though, so I'll be looking more closely for those next time! A great store, overall, they fit a lot of products in a smaller location. Love shopping here as opposed to the closer places to me like publix.

Pros: Lots of vegan foods, Always fresh fruits, veggies, etc., Not too far away from me!
Cons: No vegan bakery items :(, Not much vegan hot food :(, Smaller than many Whole Foods
Guest
Guest

Shopping not Stopping

3 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

Nice quaint little Whole Foods with a lot to look at in a small space. Good supplement selection in veggie caps. Lots of vegan goodies down the isles and in the freezer and refrigerated section, but the hot bar and cafe area had nothing for me except some roasted veggies. I was a bit disappointed. They do however have vegan donuts! Wanted some hot vegan eats though to enjoy in the big seating area outside.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011

Pros: Lots of vegan groceries, Friendly staff, Vegan donuts!!!
Cons: Cramped store, No vegan cafe food, No Earth Cafe raw "cheese" cake
J W
J W

A reason I moved to Winter Park Area

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2010

When deciding where to move in the Orlando area, we were drawn to Winter Park, because it had the only whole Foods market in the area at the time. Now there is one in Dr. Phillips as well. I do love the store. I wish that I could find a few more items and I wish they carried less "conventional" fruits and veggies and more of the ORGANIC. I do not like having to hunt for Organic items when I am browsing the food.

Pros: Good Food, Healthy Options, Frequent Samples
Cons: Prices are a bit high, Small
vegan sunshine
vegan sunshine

so much potential

2 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

Whole Foods could be better. The prepared foods are tasteless.

Pros: its a whole foods
Cons: prepared foods, meat meat meat!
  • castle31 castle31

I totally agree! The new one near Dr. Phillips is far much better. However, it's quite a drive, but well worth it. A larger store with plenty of options. The Winter Park store needs to re-think, re-group, or just shut down. And...I would be very careful with their prepare foods, just because it has a label calling it Vegan, doesn't mean it's true. I have so many issues with this particular store.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: