Whole Foods Market - Westlake

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has everything from fresh fruit and vegetable including organic produce, to vitamins and supplements, bakery, deli, environmentally friendly household products, personal care products, frozen and refrigerated food, grocery and more. more-less

First Review by gr8vegan
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

ALL THE KOMBUCHA!!!!!

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

My husband and I went in here on a mission. To find all the weird vegan food we have only heard about but isn't available in Canada. The only thing we didn't find was ABC cookies. That's ok though, because they had such an insane amount of vegan food I kinda checked out for awhile because I was in heaven.
Chocolate almond bites with ice cream in the middle? Check!
Locally made vegan donuts in the bulk baking area? Check!
Make your own bulk salad bar? Check!
All the kombucha I could ever want including a localish brewed brand? A bajillion check!
We wound up buying 5 different flavours of kombucha and a bunch of vegan snack/junk food which we promptly devoured back in our hotel room. I even went back again just so I could get more of the Portland brewed Brew Dr. Kombucha. The spicy apple was a flavour I couldn't get enough of. I WILL BE BACK! HIDE YOUR KOMBUCHA!

Pros: Vegan treats I could only dream of, Kombucha brands I've never heard of, Ice cream bites?!?!?!?!
Cons: Didn't have ABC cookies, Not in Edmonton
vegan frog
vegan frog

Great vegan selection!

5 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2013

One of the best Whole Foods. Tons of vegan food even in the deli section. Lots of bread and fresh cakes. Amazing selection of personal items. We always go there to stock up! And as a bonus, it's really close to Veggie Grill!

badoscar
badoscar

Wow.

5 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

If this what a whole foods store looks like, then we desperately need one in Edmonton, Alberta. This place has everything, the ready to eat food sections are amazing. So much too choose from. The store is extremely clean, everyone is so helpful. Everything i've eaten from the ready to serve area is so good, definate restaraunt quality.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff and extremely knowlegable, extremely clean

melrow
melrow

amazing selection of ready-to-eat food

4 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

I was starved and in the area, so thought I'd give them a try. Lots of options in the buffet bars, the deli counter, and fridge section - even vegan pumpkin cheesecake by the slice! I couldn't choose so I had a deli employee who was vegan make me her favorite sandwich- grilled field roast multi-grain with avocado and veggies and added a cup of white bean and kale soup for $1! Loved every bite :-)

Pros: quick, friendly staff, great selection
Cons: a bit pricey
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Best Whole Foods - Super Vegan Bakery

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2009

This is a really nice brand new Whole Foods. Its laid out so nicely. Their bakery baked up fresh Vegan items daily and they have MIGHTY-O Donuts both in their fresh baked glass area and prepackaged. The vegan selection in all the rows is pretty great, except they only have a few vegan cheeses.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Westlake: