Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. This location is 3 stories tall, with food counters upstairs for eating-in. Stocks fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Upstairs market cafe open for brunch from 10am on Sunday. more-less
The Barkers Building, 63/97 High Street, Kensington
West London, England W8 5SE
0207-368-4500

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Jemima
Anyaaa
Anyaaa

Whole foods market

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

It has a lot of vegan options: different breads, rolls, chia puddings, smoothies in a bottle, fresh almond milk in a bottle, pre-packed salads, cupcakes, tarts and much more.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 03, 2014

Pros: Vegan choices
Cons: Sweets can be expensive, Closing time is at 6
Pamina
Pamina

Huge store

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

This really is a huge store with lots of vegan choices. It was a bit too busy for me, though, so I didn't really enjoy the experience, although I would certainly go there again, maybe just not in the middle of the day.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Good location
Cons: Too busy
vegan frog
vegan frog

Love that store!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

That Whole Foods was amazing. Great location, tons of vegan options (bread and pastries, sandwiches etc...)
We found vegan D3, vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, yummy treats to bring back home. If I lived in London I would shop there.
As a bonus, Saf (vegan restaurant) is on the first floor so you can shop and eat in the same visit!

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Saf restaurant
Cons: Expensive

HappyCats143
HappyCats143

Not many organic options

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

I was surprised to find there want a larger selection of organic products. I can only really compare it to the Whole Foods selections they have in Canada. There were, however, LOTS of junky-type foods available. Dangerous to be in there too long. Although they do have three floors, and lots of conventional products, it seems like the store is a matter of Quantity over quality. If it's not organic, I am not interested!

KatieBatty
KatieBatty

AMAZING VEGAN RANGE!!!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

This is vegan heaven! They label what is vegan at the chocolatier and they sell vegan flavoured marshmallows. They have a huge vegan fridge food section (labelled) and so many vegan products like make-up, laundry powder, etc which are cleared marked vegan on the packaging.

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Wide array

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Huge, fantastic variety, many prepared hot and cold dishes to take away (pay by weight at buffet), beers, wines, bulk foods....

Pros: many takeaway foods, beer selection
Cons: wish it didn't sell meat
Aya
Aya

Worth visiting

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2012

This one is indeed the largest heath food supermarket in London. It is really nice, but the prices are higher than in other organic stores in London.

Pros: Very spacious
Cons: Quite expensive, They sell meat
estefinparis
estefinparis

Best Whole Foods in London

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

The WFM Kensington is huge and stocks a great diversity of products, including a vegan selection of Reedwoods, Viana, Cheezly (lots of them!), Vegusto... The fresh produce section is so colourful and attractive it is difficult to resist buying more than you need!

wildfang
wildfang

Nearly anything you could ask for

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

I have never been to such a big Organic supermarket before and even though I rather enjoy small shops I kind of liked it there. I really liked that there were so many raw products such as ice cream, wraps and more and that you can buy loose rice, noodles, coffee and more and fill it into a paper back and thus save plastic packaging. We should have something like that in Germany.
However, I searched in vain for spreads and patés to put on bread. Here in Germany, every organic shop offers a wide range of these and they taste like cottage cheese or similar. The only paté to be found in the UK is bland tartex stuff..

Cons: masses of meat
CharlotteM
CharlotteM

Just like home

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2010

Finding a Whole Foods here in London is fantastic for a US native. The layout is wonderful and the selection is grand. I have to remember that the prices are in GBP though, lol. During my visits, the staff were very friendly and helpful, very much the Whole Foods standard. If you are walking down Kensington High Street, stop in and enjoy.
~peace, love, light

Pros: great selection, friendly staff
Jemima
Jemima

Supermarket! Has great bread

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2008

Supermarket with loads of organic products. Bakery with the best bread I have found in London so far. There is a specific baby products section too. Slightly expensive, although there are specials which can be good and the Fresh and Wild house products are good value (Fresh and Wild have the same owners).
There is a food court upstairs with loads of different types of food and a bar. There was really yummy mint and apple lemonade at the drinks counter closest to the entrance of the food court when I went.
When I was crossing the street my shopping bag broke and jars started rolling around on the road. Someone saw me that worked at WFM and apologized on their behalf saying they should have bagged better. He requested to see the receipt and checked the code of the person who served me.

Pros: Pretty good bread, good range, food court you can sit down in
Cons: masses of meat, slightly expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: