Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has deli and juice bar; stocks fresh produce including organic, vitamins and nutritional supplements, body care products, and much more. more-less
1548 N Dale Mabry Blvd (Walters Crossing Shopping Ctr)
Tampa, Florida 33607
813-874-9435

Open daily.

First Review by Jenoe
teal
teal

The most vegan-friendly Whole Foods

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

I've been to a plethora of Whole Foods all around the US and this one has more vegan options than /any/ of the ones I've visited before.

Honestly, this took me by surprise because I'd never think that Tampa, FL would host such a vegan variety at Whole Foods compared to notoriously vegan-friendly cities like Seattle, WA and Portland, OR, among many others. But this Whole Food's bakery is filled with epic vegan goodness with friendlier staff than other Whole Foods as well.

It's great to be back in Tampa and to have so many vegan options available just down the street, it was such a pleasant surprise and now Whole Foods is my primary store to shop at. Thank you! :)

Pros: Most vegan-friendly (and tasty) bakery, Wonderful, friendly staff, Great vegan options at salad/hot bar
rmazzo62
rmazzo62

I love, love, love this store!

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

I could spend all day in this store! I love the atmosphere, the variety of vegan options, the organic options and their staff! I have NEVER had anything but positive experiences! They have a variety of groceries that cater to ALL lifestyles! The only place in Tampa that you can find everything you need! Highly recommend!

Pros: Great prepared foods, Great selection of groceried, Great atmosphere
Cons: Little pricey, Need more stores in Tampa, NO MORE CONS!
Guest
Guest

Vegan Extravaganza in Tampa

4 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

My first experience in this store was a bit overwhelming. It is in a terrible location in crowded Tampa, tucked in behind an eerie parking garage and underneath a Target store- very strange. And the sinks in the bathrooms are even stranger. But on my second visit I embraced the potential of this very large, warehouse style store and all it had to offer.
I ate there three nights in a row, as I was in Tampa for the weekend. I experienced pre-made vegan pizza, THE BEST VEGAN CARROT CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD, vegan jelly donuts, vegan mash-potatoes, great garlicky kale salad, two kinds of delish vegan curry, lots of drink options, and a fantastic soy latte, as well as a nice staff, good grocery options, and lots of room to shop.
If you can get past the chaos it takes to get in there, this is worth a stop! The cake alone is worth the trip.

Pros: Good vegan hot bar, Vegan cake, Spacious
Cons: Location, Location, Location

Jenoe
Jenoe

Lots of Good stuff, but too pricey

3 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2009

When whole foods came to Tampa, I was thrilled and couldn't wait for it to open. However, I was sad to see that it was opening in a part of town that's 30 minutes away from where I live. It's built right on the corner of two major intersections, Dale Mabry and I-275 overpass. The store is big, clean and stocks lots of items. But the prices are just too high for me to justify making regular trips. Their olive bar runs $9.99 per pound and the bulk nuts section is priced a lot higher than our local Nutrition Smart. For those looking for healthy prepared lunches, their deli sections are big and have quite the variety. They sell custom sandwiches, pizza, sushi, salad bar, hot bar, soup and prepared meals. I've only once eaten at their salad bar, so I can't really report on the prepared food. Overall, I think it is great to have a healthy grocery store, but the only people who can afford to shop there regularly would be the folks who have a more disposable income.

Pros: Big selection, Prepared Food Deli, Clean
Cons: Location, High Prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: