Whole Foods Market - Galleria

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has deli, vitamins, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic, eco-friendly household cleaning, grocery, and more. Stores in Saint Louis and nationwide. Open daily. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan
motorcyclefan
motorcyclefan

Go to the Town & Country store

1 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2014

Every time I have had to go into this store I have left in a foul mood. The parking spaces are tiny (and I drive a Miata), the customers are surly and inconsiderate (both inside the store and on the parking lot), the store is poorly stocked, and the vegan options are limited. We go out of our way to shop at the refreshingly positive Town & Country location.

Cons: Rude Customers, Crowded , Limited Selection
hartwik
hartwik

Chesterfield, here I come!

2 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

The Brentwood store is really samll, with narrow aisles and limited space for goods. The Chesterfiels store may be a drive for some, but the experience is so much better. Better selection, friendlier without the "forced customer service-learned responses", just better.

ophelia
ophelia
  • non-vegetarian

Challenging shopping

3 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

A friend laments that she does not go to Whole Foods because the aisles are narrow and often cluttered. She is wheelchair bound.

Prices are high. Not good for those on fixed incomes.

Bulk foods are a plus.

Cons: prices, aisle navigation

Tigra220
Tigra220

Wholly Satisfied

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2009

I didn't begin shopping here until I became vegan. When you first walk in it appears to be a bit crowded in space, as everything right there is pretty close together. But things spread out once you get past the bakery section. My personal favorites are their vegan cookies (different varieties), Fabe's vegan chocolate chip cookies (SO soft and chewy), Whole Foods' vegan chocolate raspberry parfait, their vegan brownies, and the lemon raspberry cake from Chicago Diner. I also love the Coco Mousse (that may not be the correct name) cake and ordered a whole one for my birthday last year... THAT was pricey, but better than nothing.

In the fresh food section my favorites include their vegan mashed potatoes, vegan "meat"loaf, and the BBQ Vegan Burger (made from seitan) is to DIE for!!! I put it in foil and on the grill over the last 4th of July and Labor Day holidays and it was SCRUMPTIOUS!!

The shelves are always nicely stocked and the workers have always been pleasant and helpful. The location is good but with all the construction going on in the area right now, it could a task getting to it, unless you know the area well.

Pros: many vegan options, good hours: opens early & closes late
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I practically lived here while in St.louis

3 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2008

Having few other options this was the place to go in St.louis Like the other reviewer said. Chicago Diner Cookies are the closest thing to making vegan life in St.louis worth living.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good Selection, Carries Items From Chicago Diner!

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2007

When I first moved here I heard of a joke that Whole Foods in STL is the place to go to pick up single women. In fact, in the Riverfront Times [2003], it was voted as "Best Place to Meet Single Women." I'm a woman, so I don't go there for this reason...but there are a lot of pretty ladies there. :)

This location has very good Vegan selections as well as Vegan vitamins. The thing I really like about this location is that they carry fresh baked goods from the Chicago Diner [an awesome Vegetarian restaurant in Chicago], shipped overnight. Of course, the downside to WFM is that they're expensive, as someone at Trader Joe's called them "Whole Paycheck" rather than Whole Foods. Regardless of cost, I'm always here buying Vegan items, Vegan baked goods, fresh produce [excellent], or Vitamins. I'm happy to have this option in the area.

Pros: Chicago Diner Items!!!
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Galleria: