Whole Foods Market - South St

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli food, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open daily. more-less
Now Open

Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm

First Review by gallo39
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Whole Foods Market - South St

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

I will second KL, my first though upon walking inside was, wow this place is not as big as it looks.

I also thought they'd carry more vegan stuff than normal, don't ask me why I just thought they would. I did notice that they had several vegan baked goods made in-house, but I didn't bother trying them given my experiences with WF's made food. Overall, it's a decent WF but nothing exciting.

thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

I love this place and the hot cashiers

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2009

dig this place. I've only been here a few times, I had a few slices of vegan pizza, (sweet) a vegan cookie sandwich (skip this, not good) a vegan carrot cake muffin (oh my god) and bought a few things to make a vegan pizza at home for later in the week. I didn't get a chance to really look around, I was tired from a long day of being a tourist, but I made out really well. If I lived next to place I would be here all the time, it is my favorite whole foods so far, much better then the one I normally go to. Is it smaller, sure, is it a little funky, yes, if you are driving would it be hard to figure out parking, maybe, but is it a sweet place to get some vegan food to go and supply yourself with some groceries? Without a doubt. The cashier was really nice, you know who you are, I should have asked you to coffee, I am a retard. I am in love with this place, ok it might be the cheap vegan food, or it might be the hot tattooed cashier, but I think this is a fine Whole Foods.... and I had no problem finding many different kinds of hummus, I didn't buy any because I had already had hummus for breakfast and lunch, I mean I don't want to go hummus crazy. But you can find anything you want here and the people were pretty much falling over themselves to help me. Go to this place and buy some great food.

Pros: lots of vegan fare, nice staff, a lively whole foods
Cons: small place
kindlizard
kindlizard

not as big as it looks

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2008

It looks like the biggest store ever from the outside, but it is not the case once inside. In fact, they were out of a lot of staples when I was there, even mistook a common item for a useless item once I got home realized wasted a ton of money on similar labels (my fault of course). But they also had no normal hummus either. Just an odd place, since they had so much seemingly, but looking at the finer print, they really had less than appeared, or other WFs for that matter.

gallo39
gallo39

Whole Foods Store That's Wholly Satisfying

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2006

One of, if not, the best Whole Foods I have ever been to. Fantastic deli with great vegan choices, many vegan bakery items, wonderful array of organic produce, and a storeful of veg friendly items. Friendly and helpful emplyees and free parking in an otherwise heavily congested area.

Pros: Lots of vegan items, Great deli and bakery, Clean, spacious venue

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - South St: