Whole Foods Market - South...

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has everything from fresh fruit and vegetable including organic produce, to vitamins and supplements, bakery, deli, environmentally friendly household products, personal care products, frozen and refrigerated food, grocery and more. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan

"Whole Paycheck" but worth it

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

This store is well stocked with all my favorite vegetarian/vegan things. However, I never seem to leave the store without spending $150+. For now there's no other store I would rather go to that has all the things I want in one place.

Pros: Selection
Cons: Pricey!!!!!

best whole foods in Chicago!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

The parking is a bit confusing as you approach this WFM which is in a large retail complex. We parked on the bottom, which isn't optimal if you have a lot of groceries. The eating area is huge and popular. They have all my favorite dips and a dedicated Health Starts Here meal preparation center despite not making anything that's health or good... I had a little talk with them, but I'm sure it's on deaf ears... there are no healthy fats, don't just replace oil with nuts and olives its all the same fats that make people fat and sick!!!! oh well, this is still a great whole foods with plenty of healthy options! I had a nice pumpernickel roll with lentil zero fat dip and a fresh squeezed lemonade!

The best WFM for vegans in the Chicago area

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2011

This may not be the brand new fancy pants Lincoln Park Location - don't get me wrong it's still nice and fancy - but it's certainly the best location for vegans. We have a vegan friend that works at this location and they've confirmed my statement (I believe they said most of the buyers here are vegan). Either way, I come to this location for my exotic vegan stuff...stuff I can't find at any other Whole Foods in the area.

To name a few items: Daiya (of course), Shreese (cheeses and cream cheese), Wayfare Foods (We Can't Say It's Cheese, We Can't Say It's Sour Cream), Ste. Martens Cheese (local), almond cheese (from Oregon), various fake meats, desserts, etc.

If you're looking to eat a meal at WF, I'd have to recommend the brand new Lincoln Park location, as they have many little restaurants inside, all with several vegan options. The Lincoln Park location is where we take friends from out of town on tour...you'll see why when you go.

Updated from previous review on Friday August 14, 2009