Whole Foods Market - Univer...

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. more-less
711 University Ave

ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

Nice WF

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2015

This is a good smallish WF that I've been to a few times. All the usual items, salad bar, prepared foods, grocery items and mostly organic fresh items, helpful and kind folks. Even though WF is pricey, it's good to have one around here and there. A few tables to eat at outside and inside. Parking is sometimes tricky. Tight location.

Abbey.Austin
Abbey.Austin

I CAN EAT IT!!!

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2015

I was really excited when I went into whole foods for the first time after I switched to a vegan diet. I was super duper impressed by their selection of vegan friendly foods; they offer daiya and earth balance foods!!!

Pros: daiya, earth balance, raw nuts
Cons: not a lot of sugar free grain products
Mikki76
Mikki76

Lovin the WFM

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

As a former employee of this corp, I am very familiar with the policies at WFM... I love the one in Hilcrest! I can walk there from my house and they always have the best selections of everything! For all those who complain about the price... just think about what you are saving in the long run...its called your life!!!

Pros: Great Food, Selections, Quality

johanna~Lotus Cafe
johanna~Lotus Cafe

Lots of great selections!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

While my husband and i were building our natural foods cafe two blocks away on Fifth, this Whole Foods location was our "go to" spot for lunch... now that our cafe is open, if we run out of organic lettuce or something, it's great that Whole Foods is just around the corner... their staff is always friendly and helpful...

Pros: organics, healthy, close proximity
sglcklch
sglcklch

Really can't beat

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Excellent selections with tons of local products that you can't find anywhere else. Loved the raw buckwheat granola in the bulk section - the chocolate flavor was divine! Salad bars had lots of offerings, did not try anything but they all looked good.

Pros: selections
jdame
jdame

Great Market

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2008

They have made a lot of changes in the market since I started going out to San Diego on business but I have to say that it is one of the best places to get food in the area. They have a wide assortment of vegan options daily. Staff is very helpful also.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Affordable, Organic
Cons: Parking
sharikha
sharikha

Excellent source for cruelty free meats

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2007

This has an amazing selection- you pay premium, so usually we just go for the specialty items- hard to find personal products, gourmet vegetarian food and especially cruelty free meats for when my family or friends won't go veg! The standards for the meats are posted on line, and are said to be carefully verified.

Pros: cruelty free meats, selection, gourmet foods
Cons: pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - University Ave: