Part of large natural foods market chain. Has deli, vitamins, nutritional supplements, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, natural household cleaning products, grocery, and more. more-less
4021 Hillsboro Pike

Raesock
Raesock

So many vegan choices!

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2015

Full disclosure: I work at this location, but I had to share some of the great vegan options that are available. The salad bar/ hot bar always has lots of vegan options, in addition to the huge selection of fruits/veggies and everything is clearly labeled. My favorites are the chicken fried tofu, the spicy noodle salad, and the mock chicken salad. There is almost always a vegan pizza slice option, though sometimes they put SO many veggies on it everything slides off when you pick it up. They do a pizza deal day on Wednesday and a large vegan pizza is about 12 dollars. There is usually one or two vegan soup options out, the BEST being the coconut chipotle black bean soup. There is also the vegan throwdown sandwich on the menu that includes coleslaw and vegan bbq on a delicious bun. It is SO DELICIOUS. And don't get me started on the mock crab cakes. They are a perfect on top of a big salad.
I try to pack my lunch, but when I forget, or I just want to treat myself, I always have a hard time deciding what to get! At breakfast time get the vegan triple berry muffin. They are made in house and so good! This Whole Foods is a great place if you need to run in a grab a fast bite.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 11, 2013
They recently changed the vegan sandwich option to one with maple seitein and fresh veggies and I like it even better than the thrown down. I just wish they would give you a better apple with the sandwich.
There is also a small restaurant in the back of the store past the produce where you can sit and order food that is cooked right in front of you. They vegan burger is amazing (don't know what the vegan cheese sauce is they use but it is like queso and lovely). The store recently updated the menu and it has more vegan options now. Including seitan tacos that I haven't tried yet, and the Engine Two bowl. That is a mix of sweet potato and mango and quinoa and avocado and balsamic and some other yummy things. I love it.

Pros: usually lots of options, vegan sandwich, mock crab cakes
Cons: busy, sometimes they don't have vegan pizza, big bloody meat case
  • Elizabeth Herman Elizabeth Herman

Thanks for the specific recommendations on the food bar. I hope I get to try the throwdown sandwich. There are always so many choices!

Abbey
Abbey

Love this place !

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2015

This is my favorite health food store. I like the facet that I can buy homeopathic remedies while I am shopping there. They have an ample selection of products and a knowledgeable staff.

Pros: Parking Garage, Organic
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

A Ton of a Food Bar!

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

I've eaten here twice, or maybe three times. The only problem is how to decide what to take from the huge cornucopia that is their food bar. Hot dishes, cold salads, comfort foods, raw foods, everything you could possibly conceive of is on this buffet! I have taken too much on both visits. Sometimes, I'd like to see their vegetarian dishes placed together, instead of side by side with the meat, which sometimes looks like it splashes into the vegies.

I really appreciate the experimentation with ethnic and international foods, along with their insistence on the old, comfortable favorites, along with their innovative dishes, especially in the realm of salads. It's also great that the salad bar for making your own tossed salad has plenty of basic ingredients, separated out for your own creative impulses.

The abundant places to sit and the urban feel to this place are delightful!

Pros: Excellent food., Many vegie options., Nice atmosphere.
Cons: Pricey., Leans on disposible dishes., Meat served too close.

Teo
Teo

Very Large Store

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I've only been in a few other Whole Foods Markets in other states; by comparison, the Nashville store is very large, therefore more selections. Like the other stores, the products are of high quality, that, obviously, means higher prices. There's a reasonable assortment of Vegan foods, but I still need to mail-order most. Also, I was hoping to find a larger selection of fresh breads (so far, no joy).
People working at this store are always super friendly (same with the customers).

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Pricey
val
val

This is a GREAT Whole Foods Market!

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

I've lived in California and shopped at the Whole Foods Market in Redondo Beach / Torrance, and also Long Beach. While I liked Whole Foods while out there, nothing can compare to the Whole Foods I've visited in Tennessee (both this one and the one in Franklin). The employees are friendly, helpful and the selection of products is great too. I wish they'd carry vegan marshmallows, but they have a ton of other stuff, so I guess I can't complain.

Pros: Great products, Great location, Friendly employees
Cons: No vegan marshmallows!
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Now Whole Foods Market

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2007

In 2007 Whole Foods Market purchased all of Wild Oats Market, so this place is now Whole Foods. Large store with good variety and selection but pricey.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: