Part of large natural foods market chain. Has deli, vitamins, nutritional supplements, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, natural household cleaning products, grocery, and more. more-less

First Review by The Veggie Cook
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

A Ton of a Food Bar!

4 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

I've eaten here twice, or maybe three times. The only problem is how to decide what to take from the huge cornucopia that is their food bar. Hot dishes, cold salads, comfort foods, raw foods, everything you could possibly conceive of is on this buffet! I have taken too much on both visits. Sometimes, I'd like to see their vegetarian dishes placed together, instead of side by side with the meat, which sometimes looks like it splashes into the vegies.

I really appreciate the experimentation with ethnic and international foods, along with their insistence on the old, comfortable favorites, along with their innovative dishes, especially in the realm of salads. It's also great that the salad bar for making your own tossed salad has plenty of basic ingredients, separated out for your own creative impulses.

The abundant places to sit and the urban feel to this place are delightful!

Pros: Excellent food., Many vegie options., Nice atmosphere.
Cons: Pricey., Leans on disposible dishes., Meat served too close.
Raesock
Raesock

So many vegan choices!

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

Full disclosure: I work at this location, but I had to share some of the great vegan options that are available for lunch! The salad bar/ hot bar always has lots of options, my favorites being the chicken fried tofu, and any of the salad they make with the Beyond Meat product. There is almost always a vegan pizza slice option, and it is always great! There is also the vegan throwdown sandwich on the menu that includes coleslaw and vegan bbq on a delicious bun. It is SO GOOD. I try to pack my lunch, but when I forget, or I just want to treat myself, I always have a hard time deciding what to get! This Whole Foods is a great place if you need to run in a grab a fast bite.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 11, 2013

Pros: usually lots of options, vegan sandwich!
Cons: busy, sometimes they don't have vegan pizza
  • Elizabeth Herman Elizabeth Herman

Thanks for the specific recommendations on the food bar. I hope I get to try the throwdown sandwich. There are always so many choices!

Teo
Teo

Very Large Store

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I've only been in a few other Whole Foods Markets in other states; by comparison, the Nashville store is very large, therefore more selections. Like the other stores, the products are of high quality, that, obviously, means higher prices. There's a reasonable assortment of Vegan foods, but I still need to mail-order most. Also, I was hoping to find a larger selection of fresh breads (so far, no joy).
People working at this store are always super friendly (same with the customers).

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Pricey

val
val

This is a GREAT Whole Foods Market!

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

I've lived in California and shopped at the Whole Foods Market in Redondo Beach / Torrance, and also Long Beach. While I liked Whole Foods while out there, nothing can compare to the Whole Foods I've visited in Tennessee (both this one and the one in Franklin). The employees are friendly, helpful and the selection of products is great too. I wish they'd carry vegan marshmallows, but they have a ton of other stuff, so I guess I can't complain.

Pros: Great products, Great location, Friendly employees
Cons: No vegan marshmallows!
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Now Whole Foods Market

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2007

In 2007 Whole Foods Market purchased all of Wild Oats Market, so this place is now Whole Foods. Large store with good variety and selection but pricey.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: