For full functionality of this page it is necessary to enable JavaScript. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser

Whole Foods Market - Mt...

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. more-less

First Review by groovyvegan
shanbogen
shanbogen

Small compared to other Whole Foods

3 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

I've been to other locations that were much more expansive than this, especially in terms of the ready-made food area. The one at this location is pretty lacking, and not really worth the price. That being said, I still go out of my way to shop here because I love Whole Foods. It's a small space and the aisles get crowded, so try to go during off hours.

Oh, and the bakery is pretty good. I haven't really tried the bakery at any other Whole Foods stores though.

Pros: All natural, Good value on shelf items, Great for special diets
Cons: Expensive conventional produce, Cramped space, Bad value on ready-made items
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Good vegan options in general

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

I tend not to get salad bar or prepared food items in general and have not even tried to get these items at this Whole Foods, so I can't speak to what has been said in the previous reviews. However, I shop at this Whole Foods often and definitely feel like there are tons of vegan options in general... non-refridgerated, refridgerated, and frozen stuff galore! Once in a while I catch a fabulous deal on a vegan item (e.g. $3 off vegan pizza!).

Pros: good vegan options in general
Cons: expensive (like all WF's)
Took
Took

Whole Foods in Baltimore = I'm happy

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

While I agree with the previous reviewer, I must add that the local vegan products sold at this Whole Foods are YUM. I still find plenty of vegan stuff that satisfied at the hot and salad bar. Also, thank goodness for vegan muffins and cookies at the bakery! (not that I get them upon every visit...)

Pros: local vegan food, comfortable size, in a cool location
Cons: tiny bulk aisle, not a lot of vegan stuff

groovyvegan
groovyvegan

Dismal hot- and cold foods bars for vegans

1 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2007

I've been to a number of Whole Foods Markets in 4 states, and this one is the most dismal for vegans, if you want to go to the hot- or cold foods bar and eat in. Vegan items are often made non-vegan or non-vegetarian, for example the tofu dish has cream, and the red beans and rice contains pork. Salad dressings are not labelled with the ingredients. And pasta items don't specify whether there is dairy or eggs.

The prepared foods section, however, has several decent vegan offerings including lentil burgers. And their reduced-fat vegan chocolate mousse is delicious. None of the ready-made sandwiches are vegan. They used to carry a vegan vegetable sandwich, but no longer.

The produce section has a much smaller selection of organic produce than other Maryland grocers including Roots Market and Wegmans.

Pros: X-lint Vegan Choc. Mousse
Cons: Vegan unfriendly sal. bar, Vegan unfriendly hot bar

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Mt Washington: