Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, hot foods and salad bar, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, coffee bar, and more. more-less
1686 Boston Post Rd
Milford, Connecticut 06460
203-874-0883

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by urnewbuddee
urnewbuddee
urnewbuddee

Hot Bar and Specialty Items

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

When I go to whole foods, I am usually there for specific items. I get Field Roast products, which I can't seem to get anywhere else, even my local health food store. I do also get food from the hot bar, which is fantastic. They provide plenty of vegan and vegetarian options at around $7/lb. The staff is very friendly and enthusiastic. I do have a gripe or two about the store. Many of their items, whether they are specialty or otherwise, I am able to find at cheaper prices elsewhere. Also, whenever I buy the prepared fruit or vegetables from the produce section, they become moldy and inedible within about 24 hours of bringing them home. This has happened to me multiple times and I have always checked the expiration dates and transported everything home in a refrigerated container. I have purchased prepared fruits and vegetables that are organic form other stores, and have never had this problem outside of Whole Foods.

Pros: great specialty selection, fantastic hot bar, friendly staff
Cons: beware of prepared fruits and vegetables, some items overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: