Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open daily. more-less
8825 Villa La Jolla Dr (Nobel Dr)
La Jolla, California 92037
858-642-6700

Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

Great quick meal

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

I often go here to get a big salad for lunch with all of the fixings. This Wholefoods is quite a happening spot. Always crowded. I do pick up an occasional item, but never get a full grocery load here as I would pay about 1/3 more overall. But, I can't complain, they fill a niche and have stockholders to report to. I'm glad it's here.

Guest
Guest

Standard Large Whole Foods Experience

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

So this is my regular shop spot when in SD. A pretty standard Whole Foods experience. Lots of Vegan choices, including the best selection of Vegan frozen pizzas I've ever experienced. Awesome olive bar, hot foods bar, and salad bar, all with amazing options for Vegans. You can't really go wrong here, but like all whole foods, you'll pay for it.
Has more packaged and ready items than actual bulk foods, but all the basics are available bulk. Always a few nice Vegan options in the bakery as well.

Pros: Lots of Vegan options, Nice seating, friendly helpful staff
Cons: whole foods expensive, chaotic and crowded, Big Box experience
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

nice large store

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

During our weekend trip, we stopped in a couple of times to pick up items for breakfast as well as eating lunch there. They have a good variety of vegan items in all areas of the store. In the deli area, there is no separate vegan area, but there was plenty to choose from including vegan pizza by the slice. The employees were very friendly and helpful as well. We also did our weekly shopping there before leaving to go home and I found everything I needed as well as some items I haven't seen at my local store. Overall, a very nice location except for the meat and dairy sections.

Pros: nice large store, plenty of vegan items, easy parking
Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: