Part of chain of natural foods supermarket. Offers natural grocery, vitamins and supplements, juice bar, deli and hot foods, fresh produce including organic, environmentally friendly cleaning and body products, and much more. more-less
70 Kaahumanu Ave (Hana Hwy, Central Maui)
Kahului, Hawaii 96732
808-872-3310
Closed now

Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by gr8vegan
Juliett_Oscar
Juliett_Oscar

Walking distance from cruise pier

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

As a vegan cruise visitor to Kahului, Whole Foods Market was a welcome sight. I wish that I hoarded more vegan desserts to keep in my room, but during this single visit I picked up a wonderful cauliflower salad from the deli and a comforting vegan fruit turnover pastry.

Pros: prepared foods have ingredient labels, can sample prepared foods at deli
Cons: expensive
Chia
Chia

Large selections; more expensive than mainland US

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

I had first stopped here on a previous trip to Maui in 2010 and was just here again in December 2012. Here's my Whole Foods Kahului reivew.

It's large, well-lit, and fancy market with many selections of everything one could possibly want... typical of Whole Foods. The prices here is more expensive than at the Whole Foods on mainland US.

In the prepared foods area, there is a salad bar, hot food bar, deli, a stations making sandwiches, burrito, and pizza. You can eat your food at the tables provided inside at the front of the store. Many tables.

An example of the price difference is the hot foods bar. In Los Angeles area, the hot food bar costs $7.99 per pound (2012 rate). In Kahului it's $8.99 per pound.

My only complaint, besides the prices, would be that most of the fresh fruit and vegetable are imported from mainland US or Chile and not enough local produce. Nonetheless, it's Whole Foods and you can rely on it to get anything you need.

vegan frog
vegan frog

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

Amazing Whole Foods with tons of vegan options in the salad bar and deli and many local products. Conveniently located and great to shop at when staying in a self catering place in Maui.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Whole Foods

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I was quite happy when I found this Whole Foods, particularly when it came to the hot bar. I couldn't tell what I got exactly, as I put everything marked as vegan in my container. Although I can tell you that it all was tasty. I also got a ginger carrot soup that was really good...and that's coming from someone that doesn't really care for that type of soup. I hope to stop back in again during my trip to Maui.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

one of the the best whole foods!

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

There are a few local natural foods storess, they are great, this whole foods is just beyond amazing. The vegan items are on par with the best whole foods on the planet. They have a several vegan stations for mexican, pizza, vegan sandwich menu, vegan apple turnovers, the list goes on and on. Make this your stop to fill up right when you get off the plane!

Pros: massive vegan selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: