Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli food, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. First location in Hawaii. more-less
4211 Wai'alae Ave (Oahu)
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
808-738-0820

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by cindy_seattle
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

packed and in a busy mini mall with tough parking

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

A good smaller sized whole foods. They have a good hot bar area and vegan prepared foods. For being on island time, this location attracts speed shoppers. Down to earth is way more relaxed.

Cons: busy, parking lot shared and packed
cindy_seattle
cindy_seattle

Whole Foods on Oahu?

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

YES! I am visting from Seattle and was glad to see a Whole Foods in the area. I did have to drive to find it, but there is also a good transit system on the island and that would have gotten me there as well. It was a bit smaller than the one I'm used to in the Seattle/Bellevue WA area, but stocked with most of the usually popular items. Could not find my yacon syrup though. There are several other markets on this site that advertise organic foods so I won't say this is the only game in town, but I was happy to see the locally (Hawaii) grown produce prominently displayed at the entrance, with the California grown produce further back (I like to support the local farms whenever possible). The store is located in a newer strip mall with ample parking. Overall, not the best Whole Foods experience ever, but certainly a great addition to this area.

Pros: friendly staff, consistency, parking
Cons: directions, some choices not available

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: