Whole Foods Market - Haight

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. The Whole Foods Markets in San Francisco feature daily fresh baked vegan donuts and vegan muffins. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan
bianchina
bianchina

Very good

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

I was a little disappointed that so much vegetarian stuff containing dairy and eggs was mixed in among vegan items in the fridge, deli and freezer. When you sift through it a bit more, there isn't that many vegan items! Still there's plenty there for us and this place is great in terms of location and convenience as well. Beautiful fresh produce, nice staff.

Pros: Lovely produce, Big selection
Cons: the presence of meat section
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Agreed with other reviewers Vegan Donut Temptation

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

this whole foods has a strange set up, I wandered around trying to figure out how the heck you check out for 15 minutes to finally realize you line up in the back of the store... Vegan donuts are on display everywhere be careful!

Chia
Chia

Bright space, nice layout

5 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

I've been to so many Whole Foods Markets I can't even count them anymore. This one, I visited today, and was rather pleased with my shopping experience.

It's a large store but not too big like some Whole Foods are. The store is brightly lit, and the layout is comfortable and well-organized.

Bought some treats from the bulk bins, grabbed some organic grapes, and was even tempted to take a vegan donut but refrained. Yes, this place offers assorted vegan donuts!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Whole Foods Market

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I think I stopped at this location 4 times during my last stay in SF. My friend lives pretty close to it, hence the number of visits. This was also my first experience with Beyond Meat, the new faux chicken. They offer it in both the Sonoma and tarragon salads - quite tasty! I haven't eaten chicken since I was 5 so I don't remember what it tastes like, but I will say that the texture was reminiscent of the real thing (my friend, who eats chicken, agreed). They will also make you a sandwich with the stuff, so I recommend using the tarragon salad, add veggies - the bread was so good and the chicken salad combined with the veggies was delicious. This location also carries some of the best vegan donuts I've had (save for Might-O Donuts). You can find these donuts in their bakery section, I think the label says "POSH Donuts". The checkout line here is a little strange and the location is small, but they had so many good vegan items packed into one little store.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Haight: