Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruit and vegetable including organic produce, deli, salad and hot food bar, pizza station, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, natural grocery, and much more. Located in an upscale shopping plaza with many other shops. Open daily. more-less
650 W Shaw Ave
Fresno, California 93704
559-241-0300

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by srh.crawford
Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod

The place to go for vegan speciality items

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

Whenever I can't find something vegan at a nearby store (in Clovis) I'll make the trip over to Whole Foods. I've never had a problem finding it there, but items can be pricey. They made my birthday cake for me which they had 2 vegan options. I got the chocolate torte cake which I'll upload a picture of. The party goers (who weren't vegan) absolutely loved it and devoured it. There were no leftovers. Also they have a food bar as do the other Whole Foods I've been to. The first time I visited and wanted vegan pizza they didn't have it. However, the next time they did and the time after that they didn't have any already made, but they said they'd make one for me and asked what I'd like on it. It was nice that I still could still just get a slice or two of the vegan pizza (when I've had to buy the whole pizza before at other places). Overall I do enjoy this store, but I wish there was one closer to me.

Pros: vegan specialty items, ready-to-go vegan food
Cons: can be pricey, busy, kinda far from where I live
jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Great Selection of Vegan Options

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

This is a bit of a luxury stop for my family, but it's where we go when we travel and we want vegan meats, cheese, cookies, cake, tempeh, frozen foods, and chocolates. They have a great selection of vegan and raw, and you'll be able to find baking ingredients if you are looking for something a little harder to find in a regular grocery store. They also have a nice produce selection, although it is a bit pricier.

And if you're a salsa fan, there's a special brand of salsa that you can only find in Fresno and it's delicious, so look out for the Bobby Salazar's salsa. It's a local treat.

Pros: Great Selection, Vegan Desserts, Friendly Staff
Cons: Crowded over holidays, go early
Chia
Chia

Fancy Whole Foods

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to stop in enroute to San Francisco. Here's my Whole Foods Market review. It's a very well laid out and beautifully lit. Similar to other Whole Foods stores, but this one seems nice. It's big but not too big. Has all the Whole Foods attractions: a large food area with different stations for pizza, burritos, deli, sandwiches, hot foods, salad bar.

We stopped in and grab a couple of homeopathic herbs and some chips. A nice cruise thru the store.

spiritseeker17
spiritseeker17

Great Selection!

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

The decor is beautiful and what you would expect from a "fancy" health food store. They have a wide selection of convenience foods as well as bulk bins. They showcase local and organic foods as well as exotics. The only real complaint I have is that they are SO expensive!!!

Pros: Well-stocked, Calming atmopsphere, Friendly employees
Cons: Expensive!, Beauty selection limited
rachelkay
rachelkay

I love this store!

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I like to wander up and down every aisle, there is so much to look at. They make healthy eating easy. Also they have a large prepared food section.

Pros: vegan cuisine, friendly staff, quick deli food
Cons: expensive, not enough locations
JOANNE
JOANNE

Presentation with Substance

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2008

This is the holy grail of all grocery stores. The store is centrally located with plenty of parking. It is beautifully designed and well managed. I visit this store weekly and eat time I find a new treasure, either a sweet apple from an exotic land or a delicious salad in the salad bar. The potatoe salad is too die for. This store's beauty has ruined shopping at all other stores. It is as if I am in a colorful world and other stores are merely black and white.

Pros: Friendly & knowledgeable staff, Excellent foot, One of a kind snacks
Cons: Lil' busy during lunch hour
srh.crawford
srh.crawford

Great food for a hefty price

3 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2008

I am a fan of the salad bar which has tons of fresh veggies, baked tofu, and marinated mushrooms. They have a delicious vegan caesar dressing to top it off. However I usually spend about 10-12 dollars for a large salad so if you love big salads you better have a big wallet. They have some good vegan hot items along with fresh sandwiches and pizza for those who are making the big bucks and can afford a casual lunch for >$12.

Pros: Fresh, Fast, Delicous
Cons: EXPENSIVE!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: