Whole Foods Market - Fort A...

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has deli, salads, vitamins, organic produce, juices, grocery, and more. more-less
8855 W Charleston Ave (Fort Apache)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117

Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by archure
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Average store

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

This Whole Foods is only average size (not like the large Town Center location). The aisles seemed to have all the usual vegan items, but the deli was lacking in comparison to other stores. There were some vegan items, but not nearly as much as I would have expected at each station. The deli section in general isn't very large and the prepared meals (grab n go) are almost non-existent.

Pros: easy parking
Cons: small deli

pretty good

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Whole Foods is always busy. Always. It's expensive, too. I only come here for things that I cannot find anywhere else, or if I'm in the area. I came here once for nutritional yeast, but I couldn't find it. I asked an associate to help me, and he had no idea what nutritional yeast was. I thanked him for his help (or lack thereof), but about ten minutes later, he found me to tell me that he asked another associate, and they both helped me find exactly what I was looking for. I always bring my reuseable bags here, not only for the discount, but to reduce plastic bag consumption.

• non-vegetarian

Whole Food Store is Awesome!!!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2007

There is something to be said for the old addage, "you get what you pay for". I have been shopping the Whole Food Store and eating organic foods for almost 3 years. I have found that if you shop for your every day items, it isn't much more expensive than a regular grocery store, and the "whole" experience of it, plus the healthy food you eat, are well, well worth it.

Pros: The Fabulous Selection, The Fabulous Smells, The Fabulous Atmosphere

Organic Mecca

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2007

If you are looking for great organic foods in a nice atmosphere, this is the story for you. Not only do they have an in-store vegetarian cafe, but the selection of organic foods and vegetarian cuisine is huge. Whole Foods is such a great store, it is actually fun to shop and they have a great product selection. I definetely recommend this place for all Las Vegan vegetarians.

Pros: Organic Foods, Product selection, In-store Cafe
Cons: High Prices

Opening Day No Vegan Vitamins

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2006

Open April 5th 2006 at 9:00 AM a NEW Whole Foods Market, on Green Valley Parkway. I was not impressed, they have again reduced vegan items (no more vegan Vit D nor Vit E, except perhaps Solgar Vit E (very expensive), absolutely no Vegan Vitamin A. They don't stock Country Life, Natures Life, Natures Plus, VegLife (no longer carried by Whole Foods). They do stock their own brand, which is over priced (if you use a calculator to determine cost per milligram), but they do have some veg caps. They do stock Tofu & Soy Cheese, Miso, Rice Milk, (used to have Temphe), and on and on. They offered to help me find the items they used to stock, but then realized they no longer carry the items. I said "Wild Oats Markets discontinued stocking vegan items years ago, and now Whole Foods is doing the same", and the lady said (pointing to the guy next to her "He's a Vegan (long pause), and I'm a Vegan too" (yea, thats the ticket, a vegan, yea, thats it, were both vegans), (long pause), "....and half the store staff are vegans too" (big smile). When the cashier asked if I got everything I wanted, I explained that Whole Foods no longer stocks vegan vitamins, and she was not so kind. I rarely go to Whole Foods, but when I do, I rush in, grab what I need and can afford (not much), and get out quick (they don't like vegetarians, most of Whole Foods)

Pros: tofu, pasta, coffee
Cons: no vegan vitamins, reducing vegan items, don't want vegans around

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Fort Apache: