Whole Foods Market - Foothill

Part of large natural food supermarket chain. Has a deli, vitamins, fresh fruits and vegetables, vegetarian food, body and beauty care, grocery, and much more. Open daily. more-less

First Review by VeggiePinkoKat
davidmcmonigle
davidmcmonigle
  • herbivore

Love this Place

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

Whole Foods is an experience. The Foothill/Pasadena store is an appropriate size not too large not too small. They seem to carry about everything you could want from fresh produce to the olive and cheese bar in the far corner.

I have been to a few Whole Foods including the one on Fair Oaks in Pasadena, which BTW I think has a great prepared foods area. The Foothill/Pasadena store has more than the essentials.

The store is always busy, which is good for product turnover.... but there is a reason they call the store "whole paycheck". It is great stuff but your paying for it.

One thing.... you will always get quality...

I'm out...

Pros: selection, location, quality
Cons: price, busy
Chia
Chia

Nice

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I enjoy shopping at this Whole Foods location. It's a large stores, and there's everything, including a fresh smoothie bar.

Pros: fresh breads, wide selections, has parking
Cons: pricey
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

large store

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

We were passing through Pasadena and this store has easy access off the 210 freeway, so we stopped in. There's a separate coffee bar right at the front by the produce section which is a good size. The rest of the store is on the larger side with ample vegan selections in all departments except for the hot bar area. Dirk was very pleased with the vegan ice cream section. However, they have the humane nonsense looping on a TV in the meat section which I unfortunately passed upon leaving the produce section (why does WF always put these sections next to each other?).

Pros: large variety, easy access and parking
Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

medium sized whole foods

3 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2011

I was pretty surprised at how unhealthy this whole foods was. there wasn't much in the way of health starts here. We hit the sandwich bar and bought our own hummus from the store, cedars oil free and had them put it on our sandwiches (veggie custom) you can do that at whole foods, buy stuff off the floor and give it to the sandwich and pizza guys.

VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

love my Whole Foods

5 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2007

this is my hometown location and i just love it to death. never forget the first time i walked in there, I was in heaven, couldn't believe how many healthy options were available to me, was my savior in helping me transition easily to veganism. always wish that they would not sell animal products, but still, great and convenient for veg fare. the staff that works in the deli are always so helpful and sweet. LOVE the kale salad and make sure to stock up on Uncle Eddie's Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies, they helped win my guy over to becoming veggie "these are the best cookies on earth!"

Pros: wonderful variety, healthy cuisine, nice staff
Cons: busy as all hell, fight for your right for parking!, sells dead animal flesh & byproducts

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Foothill: