Whole Foods Market - Fairfax

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Next door is their lifestyle products & clothing store. more-less

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
sglcklch
sglcklch

Bigger than WeHo location

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

This store is much larger than the one in WeHo. I thought the selection was a bit wider. Location was nice as well, right at The Grove with a lot of shopping and dining options.

Pros: location
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Worst Whole Foods in LA

2 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2012

I don't know what it is about this Whole Foods, the bums, the people who ask you for money in the aisles, slim selection of Health Starts Here, go up to WeHo instead!

Chia
Chia

Good enough

3 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2011

This Whole Foods Market location is a moderate size, though smaller than the giant one I usually shop at in Venice. I just wasn't as impressed by the layout - it just seemed more cramped. Whole Foods Venice has "spoiled" me, I guess. Anyhow, was just here in October and here's my review for happycow.

The sane thing about this location is that while this area of town is highly traffic and congested, one can find parking and can enjoy some food in the seating area provided (a few inside and some outside). My daughter and I sat outside and ate some lunch food without feeling rushed even though traffic was totally busy on the street on 3rd as well as Fairfax.

Fritz
Fritz

Large Store

3 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

This Whole Foods is larger than the one in West Hollywood, where we went to shop for our Christmas and New Year's meals. We probably won't return to the 3rd St. location, because when we shopped there prior to Thanksgiving, my partner very much wanted Field Roast, but all they had was the frozen kind, and he wanted to buy it ready-to-eat in the deli section. (He was able to get it this way at the West Hollywood location.) Nor was he able to find a pecan pie. There was also a young child shrieking and running around in circles at the end of the frozen foods aisle, which made our shopping experience doubly unpleasant.

On the plus side, the store is large and attractive, and they do carry a number of good vegan/gluten-free items. (I do miss being able to get their peanut butter fudge.)

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Large store

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

This is a fairly large location, especially after the remodeling. They have a nice vegan deli area set aside in a separate case. Pretty typical WF.

Pros: large store, nice vegan deli area
Cons: parking lot while large is always full, butcher counter

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Fairfax: