Whole Foods Market - Couch

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has deli, coffee bar, bakery, vitamins and nutritional supplements, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, natural personal care products, environmentally friendly household products, grocery, and more. more-less
1210 NW Couch St (NW 12th Ave, Pearl District)
Portland, Oregon 97209
503-525-4343

Open daily.

First Review by aubysmas
jjo
jjo

buffet, good variety

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

Big WF store, much buffet options which is cool because you decide what/how much to eat :) (then you can enhance it with other food bought there!).

Tables to seat and eat there, good people mood.

Pros: Inexpensive, Buffet, Opening hours
Cons: Also there: meat / chicken, etc
whosmeggyn
whosmeggyn

• herbivore

generous and welcoming

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2011

I could literally spend hours in this place. It's downtown location and underground store gave it a feel that no other whole foods has. the pizza guys were super nice and assisted me with the vegan pizza. everyone was super friendly.

Pros: food, customer service, location
Cons: pricey (like all whole foods), crowded, limited hours
kindlizard
kindlizard

quality WFs

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

I never saw a value for the lunch counter. They have a special here that gives a ton of food for much less than if you ordered it by the pound. That area of town doesn't have much in way of HF stores, and this place is over the top, even for WF. They put this place together beautifully. Also good parking. I think those who feel insecure here lack self-confidence, its fine, no one is eyeing anyone else here. Just relax and know this place is for you too.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 26, 2008

Pros: lunch value, spacious and well designed, parking
camelliasinensis
camelliasinensis

Convenient

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2011

A useful store to have downtown. I stopped in a couple of times during my week-long trip to portland to get basics. They serve hot pizza with daiya.

Pros: location
Took
Took

Designer Grocery Store

4 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2011

I love visiting Whole Foods. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's a large corporation. But I find that Whole Foods carries the most vegan frozen foods. When I visit the store, I buy soups and tea that are on sale. I also LOVE all of the vegan vitamins.

Pros: vegan variety
Cons: expensive, large corporation

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Best Whole Foods yet

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2009

I go to Whole Foods all over the country while traveling. The local vegan items in the bakery are the best anywhere. The salad and breakfast bar are the best anywhere.

Chia
Chia

Whole Foods

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2009

I was here in September 09 and am pleased to share my review of this Whole Foods Market on HappyCow.net. It was my first trip to Portland. I had mapped out a string of places I'd want to visit while here, and this was one of them because it was located near our hotel in downtown. We walked there for a few supplies.

The space is quite mellow and smaller than the giant Whole Foods locations I am used to shop at by my house in southern California. But it's well stocked with most of the usual offerings. There is also a coffee bar, hot foods, deli, and all that. There is even a section of coffee products including local roasters up on the second floor. We found local pears on sale, and that was a treat. Nice to find local Portland/Oregon suppliers here.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

nice Whole Foods

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2008

They carry local brands like Sweet Pea Vegan Cookies, etc. But you can get a VEGAN PIZZA HERE, too. Its in a great shopping area of town next to Powell Books and some nice clothing shops.

aubysmas
aubysmas

untitled

3 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2006

I also do not fit in as one reviewr pointed out but i did not feel watched..while the store feels a little cramped and i would have preferred to find the coop, for what it is it was a pretty good experience. there are a ton of vegan treats in the bakery and deli. just don't try to buy a can opener cause that will run you about 20 bucks. if you are driving make sure to park in the garage or it will take you forever to find parking. wholefoods will validate your parking. with two free hours you may even have time to run across the street to powells books. the customer service was good. there was even a guy handing out free vegan health drinks and the checker helped us find our way to voodoo doughnuts. i would go back if there wasn't a coop but knowing that there is i probably won't spend my money and support here again.

Pros: vegan options in deli., vegan options in bakery., good beer.
Cons: corporate., expensive., crowded.

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market - Couch: