Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee cafe with vegetarian options: bagels with tofutti cream cheese, hummus, Earth Balance spread, oatmeal made with soymilk, salads, fruits, soymilk for coffee. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg
711 Westminster St
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
401-453-3007

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by tablemoonspoons
Pwnie-Boy
Pwnie-Boy

My coffee was hot! Honest!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

Nice little coffee joint on Westminster. Nice selection of bagels that are made vegan. I think there's some room to further develop the vegan bagel sandwich options there, but I was happy with my bagel with tofutti cream-cheese, and a coffee.

Nice atmosphere, very friendly staff. I'll be stopping in again sometime soon. Cheers.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good coffee, Vegan Bagels!
Cons: Not a ton of vegan options, x, x
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Coffee always seems warm, not hot.

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2009

I used to go frequent White Electric when it was located on Broadway in Providence. I've only gone to the "new" location (it's a number of years old now) about 5-6 times. For some reason, the coffee has never been hot enough when served to me. Others with me have agreed. Also, it's only open until 6:30 PM on weekdays and until 5:30/4:00 PM on Sat/Sun. I wish I could give White Electric a better review, but I've been disappointed with my experiences there. Maybe my timing has been off, but an essential element to a good cup of coffee is serving it at a nice hot temperature. After a handful of attempts to support this local business, I gave up. If I want coffee while I'm out and about, I just go to Coffee Exchange on Wickenden.

Pros: locally owned, trying to revive area, good effort
Cons: coffee isn't served hot, limited hours
Ryeman28
Ryeman28

Cool local coffee shop

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2008

If I lived in Providence I would definitely go here quite frequently! This place had a sweet local vibe and came highly recommended by the people of Providence. Think about making an effort to support this place before going to one of the many Starbucks around town. I loved the vegan hot chocolate and could probably drink some everyday. Also, the bagels are locally baked so the employees know which ones are and are not vegan. I liked that tofutti cream cheese, but would definitely try the hummus on my bagel next time.

Pros: Delicious vegan hot chocolate, Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Cons: Could use more locations

tablemoonspoons
tablemoonspoons

okay.

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2008

i went there excited about the toffuti cream chesse, cause i thought it would be like other places... (in NYC and concord NH i have had stellar veggie toffuti CC which is way better somehow from the store stuff) but it was just regular stuff which is okay. if they gave me just a little bit more CC i wouldnt have argued, but they give you a pre packaged thing of it. there is soymiik for your coffee. next time ill just get earth balance for my bagel, soymilk for oatmeal sounds neat too.

Dear Owner and Manager of White Electric Coffee: