Westerly Health Foods

Offers selections in organic produce, vitamins, plus juice bar and deli foods including salads, sandwiches, soup, raw desserts. Nutritionist-herbologist on staff. more-less

First Review by JenniferF
Babette
Babette

Not to be missed

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2014

Cheaper than WholeFoods, lots of clearly identified vegan meals to go, vegan jerky, etc.

Pros: Great hours, Good Value, Large Selection
sglcklch
sglcklch

Fantastic place

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

This store happened to be just two blocks away from our hotel near Time Square. It was really convenient for us to pop in on the way out/back to get some supplies. Their selection was amazing, lots and lots of vegan-friendly goodies-grocieres, munchies, prepared meals, desserts, chocolate, ice cream, you name it. Basically it's like a Whole Foods, although much smaller and more local. Store was cramped with narrow aisles (understandably so considering how much they try to fit in the tiny space), but it was neat and tidy so browsing wasn't a problem. Loved the store hours as well!

Pros: hours, selection
Cons: cramped
ladyelaine
ladyelaine

Best Grocer/Goods Store!

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

This is my favorite grocery store in the city, it's difficult not to write endlessly positive things about it and it's too difficult to think of negatives.

Pros: huge veggie/health selelctions, great dietary selection, mostly very nice/helpful staff
Cons: narrow isles , could have more fruit, missing a couple of my favorite products
NatashaLovesGranola
NatashaLovesGranola

Health Food Store Almighty

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2010

My all time favorite health food store in the world! Westerly has EVERYTHING. Great organic produce, vegan whole wheat options for EVERYTHING (they make vegan whole grain lasagna, dumplings, pad thai, etc, that you can buy already prepared and take away), raw foods, tons of beautiful ice creams, all the frozen products you could imagine, vitamins, and beauty products. I go here at least once a week (usually 3 times) when I am in New York.

Pros: LOTS of selection
soysass
soysass

• raw

A Health Food Haven

5 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2009

This place is the shangri-la I envisage! Covered with several different DNA samples(sweat) and nearly asphyxiated by a packed-like-edamame crowd, my friend and I had just left a concert at the Roseland Ballroom. Somewhat disappointed, we strolled around the nocturnal city until we stumbled upon this glowing palace! It was nearly 11:00pm and we were quite surprised that it was still open. It was certainly a beautiful sight, as we entered, we were greeted by an aisle filled with luscious produce, reasonably priced as well. The aisles are narrow and items are stacked until they reach the sky, it was as if being in someone's personal library. There was such a selection, I could have stayed in there all day to bask in its glory, but unfortunately, my friend didn't share the same enthusiasm over health food! There were aisles of vitamins, snacks, a section in the back dedicated to raw food, raw desserts, a bulk section, etc. I should have photographed its splendor, the image lingers in my mind. They also had quite a few sales when I went, like hemp milk for 2.99$! It's just unbelievable how much more affordable everything was, especially considering its location. I dream of the day I return, and definitely plan on visiting on my next trip to the city :D.

Pros: great selection, good value

JenniferF
JenniferF

support small business

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2008

Hi, I love Westerly - it's a great alternative to whole foods, with the same food at better prices. and it's got a wide variety of health foods from different disciplines, from raw food, to macro food, to vegan food, to food for people who juice, etc. Sometimes I think the selection of packaged food is better than Fairway - and I always find this so with the organic produce. things actually go on sale there, too. It's a small but densely packed store.

Pros: good prices, wide selection, fresh food counter

Dear Owner and Manager of Westerly Health Foods: