Serves meat, veg options available. Breakfast, salads and soups, sandwiches, baked goods, and breads made on premises. Child friendly. Has a community garden where they grow some organic veggies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Bakery, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg
757 Haywood Rd
Asheville, North Carolina 28806
828-252-9378
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by tgif66
Goody Goody Gumdrop
Goody Goody Gumdrop

Comfy, spacious coffee house with vegan baked goods.

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2015

Comfy, spacious coffee house with vegan baked goods and a few veggie meal options. I went there twice while in town. The staff was friendly and the space was welcoming. The first visit I got the veggie sausage biscuit which was just ok. But the next visit I got the pumpkin chocolate chip muffin which was delicious. There was a couple vegan muffin options, and several vegan cookie options. They offer rice, almond and soy milk. I would go there again for coffee and pastries but there are better options in town for lunch or dinner.

Pros: vegan baked goods, free wifi, outdoor seating
kbrousil
kbrousil

Unimpressed

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

Terrible service. The staff was very rude when I asked questions about gluten-free foods and told me to just "get that one" rather than going to check ingredients of other items. The muffin that I did get was chewy and very bland. Overall disappointment.

Dani44
Dani44

Fabulosity of Non-Gluten Proportions

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

I love going here. It's great because I can meet my gluten free or non gluten free friends there. Recently they extended their outdoor space and it's quite awesome. Their coffee is great and I love their gluten free muffins, now if they could only master that fabulous cinnamon roll to be gluten free!

Pros: family friendly, great espresso , great outdoor seating
Cons: less clutter for more seating

tgif66
tgif66

yummy!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

I like this place a lot. The food is fresh, the service is friendly and the bakery has some great vegan items. Plus they make their own fresh bread daily for sandwiches or for sale by the loaf. Definitely a local gem.

Pros: fresh, friendly, tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of West End Bakery: