Previously operating as Salisbury Health Foods. more-less

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jimmyjoe999
ConstanceEyre
ConstanceEyre

A good shop and cafe for vegans

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2015

I visit Well Natural several times a week as it stocks most of my basic staple vegan foodie needs from mayo to nutritional yeast. The selection isn't huge, but it covers most things. The cafe is in the shop and can get busy. There are lots of vegitarian options and some vegan, samosas, cakes etc. There are no vegan sandwiches which is annoying though and should be rectified. The staff are a mixed bag, some are very helpful but a couple I avoid as can be quite rude. Despite the stocking of vegan items it seems many of the staff don't understand veganism and can be quite scathing. I also agree with a previous reviewer that they do not seem to stock items on request.

Pros: Stock basic vegan groceries, Nice cafe with several vegan options
Cons: Staff are not always very helpful, Choice quite limited
Ruby Rose
Ruby Rose

Now open on Sundays!

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2014

This health food shop is a long-standing Salisbury fixture, with a recent make-over (when it changed hands), extending the cafe and sandwich bar aspect. All the vegan store cupboard essentials available here, though not as comprehensive a selection as equivalent stores in Bath, Southampton etc, so no Vegusto or Vionic cheeses. (They've also been weirdly reluctant to consider stocking different products on request - for example, they stock the normal Engevita, but would not countenance stocking the one with B12).

Pros: Friendly staff, Good selection of basics, Take-away vegan sandwiches
Cons: Fairly limited selection, Quite heavy on the supplements
LucasUK
LucasUK

Cheeky Cup of tea and a slice of Pie

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

Having moved to Salisbury from Bristol i wasn't expecting to find much, this cafe/shops was an unexpected and most welcomed find.

Friendly staff, great range of nibbes and excellent tea. Very reasonably priced.

Sit outside in the sun with your Vegan/Vegie treats a book and enjoy watching the world go by.

Shops well stocked with the Vegan faves - yeast flakes etc

They even stock Vegan weight lifting shake mix.

Excellent!

Pros: Food, Price, Friendly Staff
Cons: A bit squashed outside , Closed on Sundays

moonstar3
moonstar3

Lovely Food

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

Been going in here for years on and off. Great choice of food. Need more places like this.

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good shop and cafe

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

Good-sized store with large selection of packaged food, health and body products, cooler section, snack bars, gluten-free items, etc.
Also houses a food and hot drinks cafe with a few small tables, can take away ready-made food or eat in. Non-dairy Booja Booja ice cream and Swedish sorbet. Desserts.
I had a good spinach-potato-pea wrap, also a spicy vegetarian samosa, and a piece of vegan carrot cake. I bought a dairy-free-chocolate Advent Calendar there. I had a small tub of Bessant & Drury's (London) dairy free frozen dessert, vegan, lemon, based on coconut milk and apple juice - very good.

Pros: location right in centre, good product selection, tasty treats
GreenT
GreenT

Gave me cows milk instead of soya

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

This is a nice health food store with a small cafe at the front selling veggie and vegan food (but had a few meat sandwiches I think). I was extremely disappointed when I was given cows milk instead of soya milk for my tea though, despite specifically aksing for soya and purchasing other vegan products. I drank quite a lot of the milk before realising the mistake and ended up with an upset stomach. I don't understand why it's always veggie places that seem to make this mistake when I've never had the problem at an omnivorous cafe. The staff were apologetic, which I appreciated, but didn't offer me a refund, which I feel they should have done under the circumstances (and is why I'm only giving one star). I think under other circumstances I would have excused the error, but if your establishment specifically caters for special diets then there is no excuse for making a mistake like this. The rest of my meal was ok and good value, but this totally spoiled it for me.

Pros: Large store, Good value, Vegan takeaway
Cons: Bad customer service, Not considerate of dietary requirements
jimmyjoe999
jimmyjoe999

Shop

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2010

I've been coming here on and off for years and it has now

been taken over by new management. Its pretty good but they

have started to go into the muscle building aspect a bit

too much for me.

They are very friendly and have a good selection of items.

They also give the 10% discount for Vegetarian members.

Pros: ok take away, ok stock, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Well Natural: