Nationwide chain market. This one is its flagship store and the largest in size. Has sections for organic and health food plus deli and hot foods with veg choices. Open Mon-Sun 24/7. more-less
3195 Monroe Ave
Rochester, New York 14618
585-586-6680

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gwild
gwild
gwild

best grocery store

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

Wegmans is my favorite grocery store. Consumer reports agrees with me and voted it the best grocery store in the United States.
This location is one of their biggest. It has a huge Health food section and a huge gluten-free section. They also have a hot food buffet which includes a vegetarian section, an Asian section a salad bar, and a hot veggie section. The ingredients are clearly shown and items are marked when they are vegan or vegetarian. I had a four grain dish with exotic mushrooms and truffle oil which was outstanding. I also had a kale salad, shredded brussels sprouts, grilled veggies, and a few tofu dishes. The buffet includes many gardein products. They charge by weight and our family of 4 ate for $32. I like that the vegetarian items are not right beside the meat items.
The groceries are less expensive than whole foods and health food stores. I also love their app. The app tells me what aisle items are located in and the price. When I need items not available near my home like xanthan gum or potato starch or arrowroot flour, I enter it in the app and wait until I am next at Wegmans to pick them up. I can stock up on all my ingredients for a good price at one place. I wish they had more locations and one closer to my home.

Pros: huge health food section, lots of organic items, hot buffet

Dear Owner and Manager of Wegmans: