Nationwide market chain. Offer both conventional foodstuff as well natural and organic, hot food bar inside with veg choices. more-less
6416 Carlisle Pike Ste 2000
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17050
717-791-4500

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gwild
gwild
gwild

huge grocery store and dining area

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2015

I love Wegmans. Consumer Reports voted it best grocery store and I couldn't agree more. Some stores are better for vegetarians than others. I am on a mission to find the best. I find the bigger the location the better and this one is huge. The store has almost an entire whole foods store inside of it. They have a large gluten free area and lots of organic vegetables. They also have a hot food buffet. This location has a large hot vegetable area with many vegan and vegetarian items. I like that the vegetarian items were not too close to the meat ones. They had gardien chikn which was great. They also had roasted organic cauliflower, Mexican items, Asian items and Indian items. Everything was clearly labelled with the ingredients and whether it was vegan. The cost is by weight, around $9 a meal.
There is a large beautiful seating area to enjoy your meal. My family and I all loved our meals. So far there are three other Wegmans I like better as they have entire vegetarian sections in their buffet - Pittsford NY, Germantown MD and Hunts Valley Md.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 19, 2015

Pros: items labelled vegan or vegetarian , huge selection , good prices
Cons: serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Wegmans: