We Cook Pizza and Pasta

Serves meat, veg options available. Very few vegan options, but since there is nothing else nearby HappyCow has decided to keep this listing. They used to offer a soy cheese pizza but not only offer a cheese-less vegan option. At east side, between Babbitt's General Store and the Grand Canyon Camper Village and RV Park. Tusayan Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Non-veg

BFC84
BFC84

Wrong place

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

This place is in a town outside of Grand canyon Village, if you want to drive out of the park it is fine, but we took the train and used the local shuttle bus to great extent. please move it to Tusayan not Grand canyon Village

LindaSteel
LindaSteel

There is a better place just next door..

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

Just beside this restaurant is a Mexican place that have vegan options on the meny and are very vegan friendly. Cant remember the name of the place but it was really nice.

rawgerman
rawgerman
  • raw

happy to have found this place

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2011

I really enjoyed this place. They have an all-you-can-eat salad bar for only $7.50 with a variety of raw / vegan / vegetarian choices. The choices vary also from day-to-day. A great place to go even if your companion is not vegetarian, as this restaurant has food for everyone (my companions had non-veg pizza and pasta). The correct address is 605 N. State Route 64, Gand Canyon, AZ 86023.

Pros: AYCA salad bar, good value

Tofu Mom
Tofu Mom

A few vegan options, not bad for remote location!!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

As others have noted, there is no longer vegan cheese on the menu, nevertheless, we were at the Grand Canyon for three days and the pickings were VERY, VERY slim indeed for vegans. We chose this place on recommendation from a local, and weren't disappointed at all.
The staff here seem to know the ingredients in their pizza and sauces, as well as the definition of the words "vegan" and "vegetarian". Remember, you're a LONG way from civilization, cut the place some slack....
On checking the ingredients (by reading some packages and/or asking the management)I'm quite sure the pizza dough, pizza and pasta sauce (marinara) are vegan, as is the pasta itself. There are two vegan salad dressings, and a nice, fresh, crisp, well-stocked salad bar (the italian and the raspberry vinaigrette are vegan).
Believe me, there is little else available for 70 miles, so this is one of your best bets in "town".
The prices are high, but the quality is good and the atmosphere is casual and kid-friendly: you're in a resort/vacation town, EVERYTHING is pricey.
We had a cheese-less pizza, salads and pasta. All were good, better than many places I've been in the "big city".

Pros: several vegan options, fresh, crisp salads
Cons: small town, expensive
Erin A.
Erin A.

An okay option for the Grand Canyon

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2009

I visited the Grand Canyon with my family last week and ate at We Cook Pizza and Pasta twice. They no longer had "vegan" pizza on the menu. My husband ate the spaghetti with marinara sauce, which the cashier and cook assured us had no cheese in it. I ate the pasta primavera which again we were assured the veggies were only cooked in oil and garlic with no dairy. While the prices were crazy (I think $12 for the marinara and $14 for the primavera) and the quality wasn't so great, there are very little vegan/vegetarian choices in the Grand Canyon so we were happy to get anything at all.

Pros: vegan, vegetarian, convenient
Cons: pricey, mediocre at best
vegrebecca
vegrebecca

Dont call it VEGAN, if it is NOT!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2008

For one, it's misleading to call it vegan and we were told that it's hard to get vegan cheese in bulk,I think it inconsiderate that they know the difference between vegan cheese and what they use. The quality of the pizza was low, my meat lover boyfriend who loves pizza and searches far and near for the best tasting pizza was very disappointed as well as myself. The price you pay is also very wrong for the quality that you get.

Dear Owner and Manager of We Cook Pizza and Pasta: