Its menu switched from vegetarian to being all vegan in Apr 2014. Offers a wide variety of food options, including tofu dishes and international plates. Sunny open space. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, International, Beer/Wine

Taos Mouse
Taos Mouse

Serious Nom

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2014

I liked this place so, so much! The grinder was delectable: bursting with flavor and the seitan was actually frighteningly roast-beefish (if you're into that kind of thing.) My husband got the buffalo wings....also excellent. I can't wait to go back!

punzelda
punzelda

Really?

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2014

So, this place is supposed to be vegetarian mecca in Denver? We weren't impressed at all with the food, though the service was good. The food was so-so, though--not a place I'd go again.

Pros: Good service, Nice area
Cons: Food not good
Vegan_RN
Vegan_RN

Meh

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

I cook better than what they made. Overused nutritional yeast for flavor, biscuits were dry, and gravy lacked body and flavor. Probably won't be back when there are so many other options.

Koshka
Koshka

All vegan, but nothing special

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Almost all the reviews I read about this place we're great. But I was a bit disappointed after eating here. The service was very nice and friendly, but the food not that good. As a starter, we had the Buffalo Wings. The taste was special (as we have never tried that before), but they were good. Our main dishes were only spicy and nothing else. We had a Hash dish which tasted a bit burnt and the Quinoa burger. Maybe we just chose the wrong dishes. I would definitely go and try out other places next time. But I am happy that Watercourse Food only serves vegan dishes.

Pros: All vegan, Huge choice of different dishes
Cons: Location
Nuflood
Nuflood

Yum

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Had a burito with beans and scrambled tofu in green pepper sauce. Was HOT like I love it. The place is nice and everyone were polite and fun to be around.
Many more options to try.

tauberl
tauberl

just as amazing as I expected!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

I'd been looking forward to eating here on an upcoming trip to Denver so I had very high hopes- but Watercourse Foods did not disappoint!! My husband ordered the tomato curry soup and the taco plate, both were delicious; I had the artichoke heart po' boy with lentil salad, which were also really, really good (I could have done with a little extra remoulade on the sandwich, but it was still great). But the DESSERT- DO NOT SKIP DESSERT!! I was already so full but our waiter talked me into it and I'm so glad he did- I had the "Reece's" cake, which was (duh) chocolate peanut butter, and it was amazing, one of the best pieces of cake I've had. Ever.

Pros: amazing food, big menu, DESSERT!!
Boston1lv
Boston1lv

great food then, great food today

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

Over a decade ago I used to visit watercourse regularly. It was one of the first of its kind then and they offered some incredible food. Present day I find myself back in Denver eating at watercourse again. The food remains as delicious as it did back then, with some great additions. This is top of my list whenever visiting.

Roxychica28282
Roxychica28282

vegan & GF

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

Everything is amazing and most of the menu can be made GF too which is even better!

TableForOne
TableForOne

Highly Recommended

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

The place was busy when i got there, but as i was dining alone there was seating at the counter so i didn't have to wait. There were lots of couples and larger groups, as well as a few other solo diners.

I went for the bbq jack fruit with hush puppies and sides of kale and brown rice. As i had no idea what hush puppies might be, the friendly waitress explained that they were deep fried balls of corn bread. They were delicious, as was the rest of the meal.

I also had the Joonie Juice. An organic, cold-pressed mix of carrot, beetroot, apple and ginger. It was amazing, if a little pricey at $7.

Overall, i thought this was a great place and i definitely come back next time i'm in Denver.

Pros: Interesting menu, Friendly staff, Popular
Cons: A little expensive
Ned Harding
Ned Harding

Best Vegan Deserts

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2014

I don't want to shortchange their regular food because it is fantastic - especially now with the 100% vegan menu. The new chef is really top notch.

That said, having been to a ton of vegan restaurants all over the world, Watercourse has the best deserts. Horrible place to go if you are on a diet.

Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

They're Now 100% VEGAN!!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

I submitted a change today which might take the lovely folks at Happy Cow a little while to get up, but in the meantime I want to share the fabulous news that as of today, they are completely vegan! Oh, and as a fabulous surprise, some of their prices WENT DOWN!

This place is a Denver veggie mainstay, and we love it. My husband and I frequent Watercourse often, and love their food and find the employees to be sweet for the most part. In fact, to address some issues I read from other reviewers, we have actually found the service has gotten better in recent years. We have also found that the best service is often to be had sitting at the bar, and we absolutely adore Brielle who often bar tends and is incredibly sweet and attentive.

Their menu is clearly marked for gluten-free and nut allergies, and they are very accommodating when it's possible. It used to be marked for vegan, but that is no longer an issue!

Their seitan wings are out of this world, and I was truly sad when I had to go gluten-free a few years back, but I'm happy to report they now have Buffalo Cauliflower Wings on the menu and holy cow(less)! Another of my favorite dishes is the Black Bean/Sweet Potato Tacos, they're very flavorful and filling. Breakfast is now an all day affair, and there are some very tasty options there as well. They have gluten-free bread available for their sandwiches, too.

Dessert is a lovely splurge. Yes, it's expensive, but it's not super-cheap to make and my hubby and I usually split it when we get something. The Scout Cookies are a thing of culinary beauty. They also carry vegan ice cream from Sweet Action, with a rotating special flavor.

Highly recommended for some good vegan comfort food!

Pros: Now 100% Vegan!, Tasty Food, Friendly Service
Cons: Service can be a bit slow, Often long waits
veganamanda
veganamanda

For vegans and omnivores

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

I went to Watercourse with two omnivores - one of which who was not very familiar with vegetarian food. The waiter really helped him find something he would enjoy, and was patient to explain what everything was. The gnocchi special was delicious, as was the dessert. Both friends also enjoyed their meals. It is pricey - my bill was $37 for a small plate, glass of wine, and a small slice of cake.

Pros: Wait staff, Yummy vegan meals, Wine menu
Cons: Pricey, Small portions, Ambience
Vege20555
Vege20555

LOVE THIS PLACE

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

I come here every visit to Denver. Veggie juices are great, buffalo wings are my favorite, and the staff is so welcoming and friendly. I can't say enough great things about the food and staff.

Pros: food, staff, speed
mbentz
mbentz

great food, nice family restaurant

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

The menu was nice and varied. There was vegan chicken & waffles which I sadly didn't get to try. We got a vegan cheese plate, which was fun & tasty. We tried the juices but they were a little too intense, especially the cayenne pepper one.

Pros: great food, nice 'family restaurant' atmosphere
Cons: cayenne pepper juice
aner1kind17
aner1kind17

Meh

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

I was a bit disappointed with this restaurant. My boyfriend and his family are meatatarians and I wanted to introduce them to good vegetarian food. Unfortunately the food wasn't amazing and I felt it was a missed opportunity to show how good the food could be. The first sandwich I ordered was so spicy I had to send it back and the second one was just very tomato-ey.

stevensmara
stevensmara

Great Food Great Service

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

While dining here we had fabulous service from staff who were also very knowledgeable when it comes to vegan menu options. The restaurant was beautiful and fair priced

HappyCowKeown
HappyCowKeown

Vegan options, unusual yet delicious fare, a little pricey for the serving size.

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

We have visited Watercourse foods several times both as a family and as a couple for date night. The food is pleasant/good for the true veg head and they have a large & interesting menu which can mostly be veganized. The macro plate is delicious but definitely not for the unadventurous eater! The raw juices are fresh pressed, healthy and well worth the wait - especially the ones containing ginger. I agree that the level of vegan delight depends on which staff you get. Once, despite saying we were vegan at the outset, our whole meal was prepared Vegetarian and had to be sent back. So, tell them you are vegan more than once! By direct contrast, one day my child did not eat their meal because of the poor flavor and the server took it off the bill! Our best experience has been eating here without children when paying a little extra for the food seems indulgent and can be paired with a nice bottle of wine! If you are an adventurous vegan who likes smaller portions, try it and enjoy the variety. If you like more standard fare and feeling full, head to Native Foods!

Pros: Interesting menu for adventurous vegans, Great juices/smoothies
Cons: Pricey for small portions , Restaurant staff vary greatly in their knowledge &, Not great for kids (faux meat is terrible)
dreadiesnlight
dreadiesnlight

Not the best Staff

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

When asked on sugar and refining process and on other ingredients like theie natural flavoring used in bakery. The staff was very unfriendly and unknowing of what type of Sugar was used and also in what went into the cakes? The staff at the restaurant is very unwelcoming. They are all putting off a vibe that they are cool or some thing like that? Yes it is a hip place and yes its probably cool to work there, but these staff members are on another level of ridiculous. Many times have i gotten a snub reply on a simple queston like what type of cookie is that? You dont have to be a dick to pour some one a togo coffee either. The place is very over priced in my opinion giving into the its expensive to be vegan. they don't help by charging 7 dollars for the smallest slice of cake you will ever have. This place has good food but the price and the staff are the most biggest turn off. Over 3 for a cookie and 7 for a slice of cake is crazy when you can go to beet box, down the street mind you, and get a real vegan cookie for a buck thats bigger! this place needs to be put in czech. For there only being a few options for vegans in denver this place should really consider laying off the hipster crowd and really promoting to mother earth and a better way of life instead of cashing in on it.

Cons: price too much, staff is lame, wrong intentions
sglcklch
sglcklch

Sorely disappointed

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

My partner and I came here just to find out they wouldn't be serving their regular menu that evening, but a special prixe fixe "Harvest Dinner" for $70 per person, with every item also available a la carte. We were only hoping to get something light anyway as we had already had a few bites at the hotel. Plus, being out-of-towners, we weren't aware of other vegan options nearby, so we still headed in, which sadly turned out to be an utter disappointment.

I truly can't think of a single thing worth recommending about this place. Granted, it was a special menu they were doing, but if the food we had was supposed to be "special", I could only imagine how much better the regular menu could be. First dish we had was the "baby winter green salad with endive, raspberry powder, pear gastrique and blue cheese crisp". It was literally a few spring mix leaves and two endive leaves sandwiched between two thin speckled crisps dusted with raspberry powder. The dressing was bland; the pear "gastrique" completely eluded me. The portion was laughably small. All of which made the $12 price tag ridiculous. Next, we had the "caramelized leek and mushroom pâté with pomegranate reduction and crispy fennel salad". The pâté square was about the size of a slab of tofu, tasted okay, nothing special, and the so-called crispy fennel salad didn't seem to be anything more than several pieces of plain shaved fennel casually thrown on top. This plate was $14. Our last dish was the "mushroom 'mussels' served in a flavorful broth and warm bread". This didn't remind me the least bit of mussels so I have no clue why they would put it in the description. The mushrooms were... eh just mushrooms, a little one-note in flavor. The vegan challah bread was not bad dunked in the broth, but wasn't served warm as advertised; it came out cold. They charged $16 for this.

Overall the menu was uncreative; food was mediocre at best; presentation was very basic if not non-existent; portions were terribly paltry. The premium prices they asked were disgusting. That was my main beef. I don't mind dropping serious cash for a quality meal, but this certainly wasn't one of them. The fact that they failed to accomplish something as simple as warming the bread really hinted at the incompetence of the kitchen to deliver anything decent enough to match that price point. I was dumbfounded by the amount of reservations for this special menu they claimed to have, and felt sorry for those who opted to do the full menu.

Cons: grossly overpriced, boring food, meager portions
fhspd
fhspd

Excellent food! Great place!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

The food is wonderful. Service speedy and friendly. Very nice inside with interesting art work and a nice bar if you need to wait a few minutes for a table. Good craft beer selection and they have tap take-overs too. I can recommend the Marco plate (only good one I've ever had) and Country Fried Seitan. Nice presentation. One of the nicest veg places I've ever been to. Makes me wish I lived in Denver.

childchr
childchr

All time favorite vegetarian spot

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

In all my travels Watercourse has to be my favorite vegetarian restaurant. I have such a hard time choosing because everything is SO good!

guinevereanne
guinevereanne

Excellent Food and Service!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

It was very difficult to find a parking location and then the restaurant as they have umbrella's outside with some brand name on them.

The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly. They served all vegan deserts (and I checked individually on the ingredience)

I highly recommend the place!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe
Cons: no parking
thomaspberry
thomaspberry

The best veggie place in Denver

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2013

We have eaten here many times and made it almost through the menu. We are vegan and their meals are original and wonderful. Forget the old deal of tofu by itself. This place has fresh food and the chef is very creative. And best of all - all the deserts are vegan. Like Boston cream pie. Over the top. Howe it to yourself to go here for dinner. Their other place, City o City is also very good - maybe more of a breakfast and lunch place but does do great dinners. It is just that Water Course is so darn good and creative.

Pros: Food, Price and value, Deserts
andreafbe
andreafbe

Great food, casual atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I found the selection of vegan choices here really great. The food was served quickly and was really good. I had dinner here one night and came back for breakfast the next day. The servers were all nice and were willing to answer questions. Obviously I would come here again since I already did!

Pros: Great food., Quick service., Friendly staff.
Catlady333
Catlady333

Super happy this place exists

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

My husband and I ate here after some of our other Vegan friends recommended it. It was busy but we got seated pretty quickly. The build your own juice is awesome. Our food was excellent. The only criticism would be our waiter. He was was pretty much absent the entire time. He never took our empty juice glasses and when 30 minutes had passed from the time we ordered, I had the hostess go looking for him. He appeared with our food with an excuse of a shift change going on but it didn't seem to be affecting anyone else. Other than that, things were great and we will be back.

Pros: extensive menu, build your own juice, yummy food
DougKalish
DougKalish

Great vegan-friendly restaurant in Denver!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

We love Watercourse - comfortable restaurant that isn't fancy but is nice. They have tons of great vegan options (the restaurant is vegetarian, but anything can be made vegan) and there are always so many hard decisions to make! Great apps and sandwiches, and breakfast is always a great choice. The bakery (located at their sister restaurant City O'City) has all vegan desserts, and everything we've tried has been delicious. Really, this is one of the best vegan places around.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Awesome desserts
earthville
earthville

Great menu, friendly service, and reasonably quiet

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Watercourse is our favorite Denver restaurant. We've eaten here dozens of times over many years, and it keeps getting better, with more creative, gourmet-leaning specials from the very competent chef. Watercourse is extraordinarily vegan-friendly, which we very much appreciate. We also love its sister restaurant, City O City, but Watercourse, being significantly quieter, is a more conducive setting for actually talking over a meal.

Favorites from the Watercourse menu:
- Polenta cakes
- Dona Lee wrap
- Po-Boy sandwich with mushrooms (the artichoke option is also good, but a bit dry)
- Amsterdam hash (great gravy!)
- The vegan milkshakes (huge, so consider sharing one)
- Nearly everything in the dessert case (all of which are vegan!)

The only items we don't particularly enjoy are the Asian-inspired dishes, which are too Americanized for our tastes, though some people seem to like them.

The portions are so generous that we usually wind up taking something home. Consider bringing your own take-out container.

One tip for healthy and happy dining at Watercourse: Many of their main dishes are rich/fried/oily/heavy, so when choosing side dishes, we highly recommend picking the lighter and fresher options, like salad or spring greens, rather than going for the fried sides, which can cause cumulative overwhelm in the gut.

Finally, we also really appreciate that Watercourse supports charitable projects doing good work in the world.

Until Denver gets a proper all-vegan restaurant, Watercourse is likely to remain our first choice.

Enjoy!

Pros: Inspired menu, Extraordinarily vegan-friendly, Good value with huge portions
Cons: Sometimes parking can be a challenge
BonnieGK
BonnieGK

Yummy! Flavorful!

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2012

My husband and I ate here for the first time about a week and a half ago. We loved the food so much that we are returning today with four family members. The last visit I had the blackened Tofu and my husband had the vegan sausage tacos. We shared the chocolate mousse cake for desert. The blackened tofu was wonderful! The enchiladas could have had a bit more sausage in them but good otherwise. The chocolate mousse cake will be a definite repeat!

Great friendly service, nicely casual atmosphere.

Pros: taste, variety, friendly staff
Cons: skimpy on vegan sausage in enchiladas
Taos Vegan
Taos Vegan

A little slice of heaven

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2012

Thank you Happy Cow for making me aware of this amazing place. I went to Denver to visit my sister (who is neither vegetarian nor vegan), and was blown away by the menu. We actually went back the next day to sample some more fare.

The first day we started with the seitan buffalo wings: Winner! My sister had the savory crepe and I had the seitan wrap. We also had one of the juice concoctions and then split the chocolate mousse cake.

The portions are HUGE. A great bang for the buck. We had plenty for our doggy bags.

The next day, we had the hash. I must say I could sit down with a bowl of their gravy and eat just that - it was better than my mother's! We were so full we couldn't even attempt another dessert.

We sat at the bar both days, because the place was packed with a waiting line. We had the same waitress both days. She was so sweet and genuinely enjoyed our enthusiasm. She definitely added to the experience.

This is now my go-to place in Denver. Everything on the menu has a vegan alternative; all the sauces are vegan as well as the desserts. They have in-house vegan artisan cheeses as well.

They knocked this one out of the park!

Pros: Menu options, Taste, Service
Cons: None!
Rileymeisch
Rileymeisch

Watercourse Foods

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

Amsterdam Hash vegan style + pancake and it's all over.

JanelHolt
JanelHolt

Delicious!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

I have eaten here several times and every time the service is wonderful and the food is great.

Pros: Relaxed Atmosphere., Yummy Food!, Great Service.
Cons: Can be busy.
mcgyver68
mcgyver68

Long wait, Great Food.

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2012

I walked in, just before noon and there were two lines flanking each side of the entryway. I stood around puzzled for a moment and began asking people if they were waiting for a seat. Several told me to go add my name to the list. OK. I approached the hostess stand. Hostess came up, ignored me and addressed the folks standing beside me. OK. A few minutes later, another server walked up to the stand, took a look at the book, took a look around, and right through me, then walked away. Hmmmm? (I know I showered, wore socks? check!) Another few minutes and another person walks up, asks me if I need help, not really, just lunch... she motioned to the counter and said, just have a seat. Ahhh,,,, (I look back at all the folks waiting behind me). Whatever.

At the counter there is a young lady who is working at blinding efficiency. She is making drinks, running appetizers to tables, just really hustling her butt off... and yet I can't help but notice the cluster of other wait-staff hovering around the POS station at the NE corner of the building. At any given time there are 3 or 4 just hanging around there while the girl at the bar/counter is doing four jobs at once. It took a while to get the food order in, yet I cannot possibly blame my server.

Eventually I got the Monti Pasta, which has portobellos and an herb sauce with cheese. That dish was 5-star wonderful. The sauce was amazing and the vegetables as well. All was perfectly prepared, never a thought of reaching for the salt or pepper which is my signal of well prepared food.

On this day, there were some profound service issues, the ONLY reason not to give 5 stars. If this is normally how they operate, I can see it really holding them back. Hopefully it was just an off-day, because the food was super-fantastic. I will try them again next time I come through DEN.

Pros: Sauces, Great Coffee, Menu
Cons: Service was a mess, Odd line-up at entry
JessHaz
JessHaz

So many choices...

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

It is so cool to be able to go into a place and pick anything on the menu. I've been a vegetarian since I was about 4 so this hasn't happened many times in my life. The food's very good, very filling. Worth the price since with most anything you get on their menu you will have leftovers.

The Country Fried Seitan was very good, the Rosie Tea was wonderful, and the tomato soup that my mother had was amazing.

I will definitely be back, if only to be able to say I can have anything on the menu I want again. ;)

Pros: Good , filling ood, Lots of choices
Cons: A little expensive
traci
traci

Definitely eat here

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2011

EXCELLENT vegetarian food. Wide variety of proteins in the dishes including tofu, tempeh, seitan, as well as unprocessed options like seeds, nuts and beans. Almost no "fake meat" - the mark of a great vegetarian restaurant in my book. All the dishes sounded delicious, I had a hard time choosing, but I went for the asian salad (called the Rak Kuuzo... or something?). It was fantastic! My salad had oranges, beets, carrots, edamame, sesame seeds, tamari cashews, and some sort of delectable sweet, tangy dressing. The salad came with arugula, which I substituted with spring greens. This place is very accomodating for substitutions, and is able to answer detailed questions about what they are serving you, how it is prepared, and where it came from.

Petesternz
Petesternz

Amazing for breakfast and dinner

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2011

What can I say that hasn't been said already? This place is vegan heaven that didn't put a step wrong during my visit. I made it to Denver to visit family recently and rushed to Watercourse for dinner. The Buffalo Seitan wings were unbelievable, one of the best vegan appetizers I've ever had. Do not miss!!! My meal was great too. The homemade veggie burger was very special, as were the great side of beer-battered onion rings. Indeed, just reading the menu is enough to make me want to cry with joy. Dessert was sublime, with a German Chocolate cake with raspberry topping. As good as it sounds. Enjoyed it so much, I rushed back for breakfast before leaving Denver the next day. Had an amazing gravy with biscuits scrambled tofu that hit the spot perfectly. Only tiny tiny quibble was some below par coffee, but honestly, you cannot go wrong here. Biggest downside is figuring out which of the amazing dishes to have.... They really need a "six cow" category for this place.

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great sandwiches and beer!

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2011

I've been reading about Watercourse Foods on blogs of adventurous vegans all over who have raved about the food and beer. We were on a road trip and it was heavily raining when we made it to Denver. I fired up my Happycow App and recognized Watercourse and we made a B-line for the restaurant. They have a really great set up with a wonderful selection of beers. There is a nice area of outdoor seating and they were very welcoming. Unfortunately, we arrived at the tail end of a beer tasting so most of the beer was gone. We were able to work with our waiter to select healthy vegan items from the menu. He was very knowledgeable and conferred with the kitchen on ingredients and preparation to our restrictive oil-free vegan requirements. We settled on the Grinder and Pinto Veggie burger and steamed veggies and salad for sides. Though our order was a little mixed up, it was all to our satisfaction. Watercourse definitely lives up to the veg landmark status it's earned in the Denver area.

Pros: beer, atmosphere, grinder
j.lee
j.lee

One of the Best Places in the Denver/Boulder Area

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2011

While not technically a full vegan establishment, nearly everything on the menu can be made vegan. I had the Buffalo Tofu on our fist visit there, with seasonal vegetables and fries as a side, and the sandwich was just prepared just about perfect, although the sauce was a bit tangier than I remembered. Second visit I opted for a Po'Boy, made with a polenta crusted portobello, which again, was quite good, although the bun started to break apart towards the end of the meal. The wait staff was extremely prompt and helpful. I've got nothing bad to say about this place overall. Their sandwiches (and breakfast meals- my wife greatly enjoyed her scramble as well) put many other full vegan restaurants to shame. I'd go back.

Pros: Good Food, Many Vegan Options, Open for Breakfast
Cons: Little Pricey, Not Fully Vegan
EasterCat
EasterCat

Great food, but avoid the country gravy

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

I visited Watercourse on Labor Day weekend and had two meals there, one at the restaurant and the other was take out.

Since I was by myself, I was given the option to sit at the bar or a table. I chose the bar. The service isn't attentive. It's pretty lackadaisical. Once I understood that, the service didn't bug me so much. Too bad it's not set up so certain things are self serve, like drinks and such.

I ordered the buffalo wings, onion rings and the chocolate shake. I'd read the portions were huge, but I still didn't expect it.
With the rings, I think they took half an onion, breaded it and fried it. Unfortunately, they were also pretty greasy. With the ketchup, it wasn't such a big deal. But when I ran out of the small portion of ketchup, I had to use the included ranch (which was vegan, cool). At first, I was excited because I had memories when I was like Homer Simpson and ate ranch on almost every savory food I consumed. Eventually, I realized that ranch and greasy foods may not have been an awesome combination like I remembered 10-15 years ago. So I ended up taking the onion out of the coating and eating them with the ranch. That worked better, but it probably looked really stupid.
When they serve you the shake, you receive a glass with a straw and spoon. Then you're given the metal shaker full of shake. It turns out this shaker holds 2-3 glasses worth of shake. If you're with a friend, see if you can get another glass and share. It's yummy and not too far off my memories of having a shake. Probably an omni might beg to differ, but if you're lactose intolerant like me, this is much better.
The portion of buffalo wings was also huge. At this point, I was getting close to being full by the rings and chocolate shake that I had been consuming. I had a couple of pieces with ranch before I raised the flag and asked the waitress for a container. The sauce they use for this rectangular wonders tastes so much like I remember buffalo sauce tasting like. It was properly spicy and had that ratio of necessary greasiness. I would've been suspicious if it weren't for the non conforming shapes of the seitan itself.

For the to go order, I got the chicken fried seitan with mashed potatoes. I asked if I could sub the mixed vegetables with something else, like steamed chard. They didn't have chard, but they had kale. The gravy on top of the seitan and mashed potatoes? Blech. It was sugary. Take the sensible precaution and get the gravy on the side.

Pros: Tasty food, Big portions
Cons: Sugary gravy, Meh service
4moby
4moby

if marrying a restaurant were possible...

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

...i would gladly walk down the aisle with Watercourse! I would have its babies. I live 60 miles away from Denver and have been known to make the 2 hour round trip just to visit Watercourse. Watercourse is the BEST! the breakfast items are great, the burritos are huge, the sandwiches are awesome, entrees are great, i have never been disappointed by the specials, and i would wash my hair with the gravy...oh, and don't get me started on the onion rings. i could wax rhapsodic for another 3000 characters on those. my only complaint is that they don't serve the onion rings for breakfast! every bite of food has been outstanding, all of the bakery items are spectacular and the milkshakes are heavenly. this is a MUST for anyone, not just vegans and vegetarians. as for veg folks, you can feel safe and secure that Watercourse knows and loves you and is great at making food the way you want it. everyone, GO to Watercourse NOW! **putting shoes on and grabbing car keys now :-)**

Pros: excellent food, friendly and knowledgable staff, conscious cuisine
Cons: can get busy, staff can get sidetracked
metalmaidenjgv
metalmaidenjgv

Ok. So...

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

I love Watercourse. Besides City O' City, this is the only place in Denver that I can visit and get anything on the menu. The food is good, the portions are huge. I recommend anything with seitan. They do it right. I like going early in the morning to avoid their huge crowds.. Unfortunately, though, the service is pretty bad, even when it isn't busy.

Pros: great food, big portions
Cons: sub-par service
Jaclyn0519
Jaclyn0519

Love.

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

This place is the best. Everything can be made vegan and everything is delicious. Vegan chocolate shakes, vegan nachos, vegan love all around. And great for omnivores as well. My husband is obsessed with the grinder sandwich. Sriram and delicious. Go here now.

Pros: Affordable, Quality, Options
Cons: Service can be dicey
FleaAFC
FleaAFC

Veggie Heaven

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2011

I only had one day in Denver so I Goggle'd Veggie restaurants and this one came up first and most often. Lucky really as I had a great meal there, Stir Fry Thai curry with brown rice, and the staff were friendly and attentive. This place has an all veggie menu, which I generally prefer. Good, comfortable place to go with great food. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Excellent choices, Good quality, great atmoshere
dan88
dan88

Loved it.

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2011

Great food & lots of cool people. I had the Tempeh & Sweet potato tacos. On every Monday they donate a portion of proceeds to a non profit.

adishakti
adishakti

amazing, amazing and delicious!

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

Once you go there, you will definitely come back for more!

Pros: Wide range of choices, vegan and vegetarian, nice artwork and ambience in general
Cons: judgemental waiters...
rmradams
rmradams

Delightful

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2011

We stopped here after flying into Denver on our way up to ski...it was so good we stopped by again on our way out of town!!! My husband is an omni and he loved everything he had. The first trip I had the artichoke poboy with the soup of the day which was an amazing mushroom bisque and the daily quinoa salad and he had Juan wrap with greens and mashed potatoes. We were stuffed! We couldn't resist getting a shake to go...it was so delicious! Our server was really nice...we did have to wait just a bit for our table..a busy Sunday... wait IS worth it. the following Saturday we returned...slightly less wait..still worth the wait. We had the seitan wings and I had the Cuban sandwich and hubby had the grinder and we split some onion rings. We got a ho ho cupcake to go and as I sit in the Denver airport typing this review we are enjoying the chocolatey goodness!!! Watercourse will become a routine stop for us for sure

Pros: Great selection, Delicious
vegan_geek
vegan_geek

Great selection of vegan food and all of it great!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2011

One of my personal favorites. I used to go to Denver twice a year for medical purposes. I rented a car each time just so I could go to Watercourse a couple time in the 2 days I was there.

They server a great mix of foods including some of the old comfort foods like chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes. You cannot miss the chicken wings. They even come with ranch sauce. They even have a great selection of vegan desserts.

The only down side is that they get really crowded and you have to wait in a tiny entry way.

Pros: Great Food, Great Desserts, Happening Place
Cons: Crowded
veglife
veglife

Good Find While in Denver!

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

In Denver on business for the week, I stopped by Watercourse Foods. I had the seitan buffalo wings and tempeh scaloppini, both were delicious! The tempeh scaloppini was crunchy and hearty and the wings were pleasantly spicy and as close to the real thing as I can remember. It was nice to have vegan ranch with the wings as well. Reasonably priced and big portions - I had to get a doggie bag. The staff wasn't very attentive, but I did sit at the counter verses a table, so I was being served by the bartender. But let's face it, you don't really expect world class service at a place run by hippies and hipsters... Everyone was friendly, just not super attentive. ...I mean, define job...it's really a community effort and I do what I can..... Haha! Anyway, if you are in town it is definitely worth a visit.

Gabe
Gabe

one of my favorite restaurants

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

I live in Boulder, about 30-45 minutes away, and on a handful of occasions I've driven down to Denver just to eat at this place. It definitely beats the hell out of anything up here. I think their seitan must be homemade, because it's better than any I've tried anywhere else. You can get it smothered in buffalo wing sauce with vegan ranch for an appetizer, or my personal favorite main course of the seitan fajitas. Absolutely out of this world.

I've been told by the staff that everything on the menu is vegan unless it specifically mentions eggs or cheese. This means that (I believe, don't quote me on this) every single side dish, soup, salad, and dessert is vegan. Most, if not alll of the non-vegan entrees can also be made vegan, usually just by requesting it without cheese. Breakfast food is usually not particularly exciting for a vegan, but they do vegan french toast, pancakes, and even a really delicious tofu scramble. In a nutshell, everything I've ever eaten here is delicious. There was one time I had a server who was kind of slow and seemed a bit off his game (I think he was new) but besides that the service has always been amazing. If you're vegetarian or vegan, and could only try one restaurant on your trip to Colorado, this is the one.

Pros: mostly vegan, best seitan ever, super friendly staff
Cons: not close enough to my house
  • kindlizard kindlizard

While that may be true, that most things "can" be made vegan, they have on more than one occasion given us dairy cheese on vegan orders. As you know it is the only real veg place in Denver, so slim picking, but they are flawed and their consistency even when the orders are straight lacks. Service is hit or miss, but usually miss.

• Gabe Gabe

Oh and as of recently they now have Daiya, so you can substitute that for cheese instead of just getting things with no cheese. The grinder (shaved seitan) with Daiya was amazing!

ashschmid
ashschmid

Wish I lived near this place

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2010

Found this place on a roadtrip across the country. It was absolutely the best place we ate. The food was outstanding. The desserts were amazing. The milkshakes were beyond delicious and the service was great and the atmosphere lovely as well. I could go on and on about how good this place was but it doesn't seem necessary.

Go there, order anything, it will be amazing.

Pros: awesome food, beautiful atmosphere, good service
Tigra220
Tigra220

Deliciousness!!!!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2010

Watercourse was recommended to me by a friend, so I went to Denver with the intent to visit. I ordered the raspberry vegan milkshake (which was AMAZING!!!) and the Roasted Vegetable Bruschetta , which was quite tasty, but even more so when I heated the toast later (I was too full from the shake to eat it all then). I've seen the horror stories about the service, and I am SO thankful that I didn't have the same fate. Our waitress was a sweetheart. I went back later that day to order the Country Fried Seitan, chocolate pie & apple pie a la mode to go. The Country Fried Seitan was SO good! It was served with golden mashed potatoes & a flavorful gravy, and I asked for steamed chard. The apple pie was big and overflowing with fresh apples. Not very sweet, so those who complain about desserts being too sweet would LOVE it. The chocolate pie was so freggin good that I was licking the spoon! And the vegan ice cream was so very beyond amazable that I had to call them back to double-check its veganess! I was advised that it comes from a local ice creamery, Sweet Action. It was THE.BEST.VEGAN.ICE.CREAM.EVER!

Pros: BEST vegan milkshakes & ice cream, versatile vegan menu options
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

A Denver Must!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2010

Watercourse was one of my favorite places with vegan options in Denver. It was also well received by the three omnivores that ate there with me. The vegan milkshake was excellent and the grinder (veganized - but they don't have vegan cheese) was amazing. My bf got the vegan chicken wings and said that he liked them better than most real chicken wings he's had. Overall we loved this place, don't miss it!

hoffmans2
hoffmans2

Everything

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2010

We stayed in Denver for a few days and we practically lived at this place. It has breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There was no need to go anywhere else! It was an easy walk from our hotel and the convention center. It is a large restaurant with a huge menu. This is the best dining experience we have ever had. We even got a T-shirt!

Pros: Location, Food, Variety
Sarah Jo
Sarah Jo

Watercourse, Denver

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

Amazing vegan comfort food. Huge portions, friendly, helpful staff, buzzy environment. I had the maximus burger, vegan chocolate cake and vegan milkshakes on my various visits, and they were all amazing. The food comes very quickly, service is swift and they always bring a bottle of water to the table. The place gets very busy so be sure to book, unless by yourself. The waiting system is a little confusing if you just turn up, and there can be a bit of a scramble for seats at the bar. But brilliant veggie restaurant, one of the best in the world I've been to.

bill_watson
bill_watson

a ton of food

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2010

Visited here while on a trip for a conference in Denver and it was awesome. Atmosphere is laid back and bohemian. Cool animal folklorish murals on the walls. If you don't have numerous large tattoos, you'll feel left out.

We had hot wings for appetizers, southern fried steak and a jamaican tofu. The wings were great and they've gave you an amazing amount. Actually all of the dishes were really large and more than we could eat. Numerous vegan options. This is a favorite of ours, and although I don't know when we'll be in Denver again, if we're anywhere near, we'll be paying multiple trips to this place.

Pros: large portions
soulsolace
soulsolace

Oh Watercourse, how do I love thee...

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2009

My Fiance and I make an annual trip to Colorado to visit friends and do some backpacking. Watercourse Foods is ALWAYS a planned destination on our trips. We will go there at least 3 times, once for each meal of the day, and rack up a hefty bill in the process only because it is all so good we can't help ourselves but load up on food! We are vegans, and though Watercourse isn't 100% vegan everything on their menu can be ordered vegan so you really don't have any limitations there, and the breadth of their menu is quite impressive! I have never had anything there I didn't like. The Buffalo Setian wings are melt in your mouth delicious! The sweet potato homefries with green olives on the Mediterranean blue plate special are splendiferous and compliment the taste of their biscuits well. The smoothies are great - rich, creamy and delicious with lots of flavor! Don't even get me started on the desserts, which are always vegan all of the time! *drool* Let them know if you are gluten free or have other allergy concerns because they're very accommodating for that as well! I can't say enough good things about the place and clearly Denver citizens agree because every time of day I've been in there the place was always bustlingly busy. I've always had quick, friendly, good service too. The only complaint I have is that this past fall when visiting I was so looking forward to getting their Thai Iced tea again, made vegan, because it was sooooooooooo good! For some reason they discontinued it - probably because making vegan condensed sweet milk for it isn't exactly an easy thing to do I imagine. But gosh darn that was a good drink! The bottom line though is if you are Veg and passing through Denver, do not miss this one!

Pros: awesome food, quick service, large menu
Cons: no more vegan thai tea, wait on table during dinner rush, not 100% vegan
TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Vegetarian Comfort Food, as Promised

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2009

During a short stay in Denver, a friend of mine and I decided to see if Watercourse Foods, which we'd heard a lot of good things about, would live up to its reputation. Let me say that over the course of a month-long roadtrip it stood out as one of the, if not culinary highlights, restaurant-based highlights.

As an appetizer my friend ordered a bunch of Seitan Buffalo Wings. As a former die-hard fan of buffalo wings he absolutely loved them - though only managed to finish about half of the rather large portion.

Their drink menu, it should be mentioned, offers a pretty nice selection of wines and beers, at least for two Canadians from Quebec.

As an entrée I had the Monti Pasta with added seitan. Generally, it could have been a little bit more flavourful ut I enjoyed it none the less. My friend had what they call the "Grinder" sandwich. Again, he could only finish half. We noticed that most customers were bringing home the remainders of Watercourse's sizable portions.

For desert I had a slice of vegan carrot cake. Out of this world, let me tell you. The cost is a bit much but it's just a number on a bill; the taste in your mouth more than makes up for it.

I must also add that our server was a really helpful and charming guy; had a really cool mustache as well. The cafe-type atmosphere suited it well and there was an overall welcoming felling that the staff and other patrons gave off. A very enjoyable time.

Pros: Atmosphere, Menu
Frangi
Frangi

Slightly Addictive!

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2009

I am slightly addicted to their seitan buffalo wings. As a vegan, they're always willing to accomodate- replace cheese, etc. I have not had everything on the menu, but most things I've had were fantastic.

Pros: great choices, great flavor, vegan desserts!
Cons: sometimes crowded (of course!), parking can be an issue
soyvanilla
soyvanilla

Healthy, delicious, reasonably priced

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2009

We had the blackened tofu wrap and the portabello reuben. Both were delicious, and the servings were large. I could easily have taken half home for another meal. The entree came with two sides; we tried sweet potatoes, coleslaw, quinoa salad, and mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were delicious! The sweet potatoes were fried and were ok. The quinoa salad had corn, black beans and spices and was ok. The walls are covered with rabbits and other animal cartoons. There is a mini bakery selection at the front counter. Friendly wait staff.

Pros: Food variety, Prices, Large portions
erinkmcintosh
erinkmcintosh

YUMMMMY!!! :)

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2009

I've lived in Denver for the past few years and have had the pleasure of eating here many many times! It's DELICIOUS!!! I absolutely recommend it to anyone - vegetarian, vegan or otherwise! My meat-eating family is visiting from NY and we're headed there tonight- after looking at the menu online, they are even excited YIPPY! Their vegan bakery also makes the BEST peanut butter cookies EVER!!! Grab one to go if you're too full! ENJOY!

Pros: Buffalo Tofu Sandwich, Peanut Butter Cookies, Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
minirunner2
minirunner2

LOVED IT!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2009

As a vegan I have found some vegetarian restaurants to be difficult but Watercourse is excellent. They have a wide selection of vegan options and are very helpful.

It was very crowded and busy but the service was great, the food was absolutely fabulous and my kids even enjoyed it too. A lot of veg restaurants are in some scary locations but this place is in a great location, has a great atmosphere and the service is great.

We really enjoyed it and plan to visit again if we are ever in Denver. I would recommend eating a little earlier than you might normally eat because this place gets really busy and you may have to wait for a table but it is definitely worth the wait!!!

Suzydw
Suzydw

Best Food I have ever had in my life!!!

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2009

This was the best food I have ever had in my life!!!! I went for V-day and they had a four course meal. It was so good my husband and I were speechless. All the flavors burst in your mouth. It was a perfect location, setting, decorations and food. I will always go there when I am in Denver. I think that everyone needs to make a trip to this resturant in their lifetime. Everyone was friendly. We even talked to the chef.

Pros: Healthy, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff
maliciouskami
maliciouskami

Great Breakfast

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2009

I went with a friend for breakfast and there were so many vegan options, I was totally overwhelmed. I will agree with the other reviews, this place is definitely hipster--but I like it that way. I didn't have any problems with the waitstaff in the least. Our waiter actually stopped and made small talk with us. Also, I will contend: the vegan gravy is amazing.

Pros: Variety, Lots of Vegan options
carey
carey

Good food, big portions

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

We had breakfast here twice while on vacation in May 2008. We were happy we found the place (the restaurant was actually a little hard to see among the construction on the building), because the food was great and the portions were huge. It was busy and there was a line, but not any longer than what we're used to (in Portland). The service was fine during our first trip, but the second time we had a very nice server that made our final morning in Denver a real pleasure.

Pros: many choices, big portions, yummy
Cons: usually crowded, a bit pricey
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

Legit

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2008

A buddy of mine and I ate here when I was in Denver on business earlier this year. I must say, it was a pleasure! We started off with the buffalo wings which were delicious. Both of our meals were tasty and vegan. I can't wait to return. The wait staff was nice enough and the atmosphere was pleasant as well. I back it.

Pros: Great food!, Location.
Cons: Borderline expensive.
TX Surfer
TX Surfer

One of my favs

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2008

I have been here several times when I come through Denver. I guess I have never been in on the "off times" that some others have experienced. My food has always been great along with the service. **Note** I am not a 20 something hipster** My absolute fav is the chicken fried seitan. Ugh....something I miss from my meat eating days. It's a lot of food so be hungry if you order this. The breakfasts are great and lots of options. Yummy soy lattes too!

Pros: tasty goods, lots of options
CherylLynne
CherylLynne

YUMMMMMMMMMM

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2008

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner at Watercourse. The staff was friendly and really helpful. Our food was great and it was a nice walk from the pedestrian mall area in Denver. Get there early because they seem to stay busy.

Pros: food excellent, nice people, nice area
kindlizard
kindlizard

updated review; not in my faves

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2008

Used to be in my top ten, but the past few visits no longer that high recommendation. Recently, I have found that the quality has dipped a bit, the waitstaff gave a vegan real cheese, and after eating here, it has not treated my belly so kindly. I used to feel healthy and light, like I made a wise decision. However, it has been less kind and less wise, heavy and burdensome feeling.

It is still the best place in Denver, but I think it has come down to the level of competition regionally. They are not giving the elite dining experience they once served. Dont get me wrong, before they moved I did think they were inconsistent, but there were peaks with those valleys. The valleys seem to have gotten lower since the aftershocks are painful (catch my drift).

I still suggest this place to those passing through. The quality may bounce back once in a while. The shakes are divine.

Pros: shakes , most times food
Cons: some staff, INCONSISTENT, belly troubles
badger
badger

mmm

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2008

I've traveled (and eaten) extensively, and this is hands-down the best vegan food I've ever had. Do what you have to do to eat at this place.

Pros: the food, cute servers, beer!
Cons: stupid name
SLC
SLC

BEST Restaurant between LA and Pittsburgh!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2008

Took a roadtrip from LA to Pennsylvania, and this is the best vegetarian restaurant I have ever been to, not only on this trip. Try the gravy...it'll make you truly happy!

Pros: Gravy, Pastries, nice staff
sweetszlove
sweetszlove

Good but very expensive

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2008

The food is really good, and they have alot of vegan options. Especially the salad dressings. BUT everything is really expensive. Its over $9 for a sandwich and side!

Pros: vegan options, flavorful, desserts
Cons: expensive
jdame
jdame

Amazing Food

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2008

Just went tonight and the food was amazing! Everything can be made vegan and the wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. A must if you live, work, or visit Denver.

Pros: Food, Price, Selection
shanif
shanif

Our Favorite Veggie Restaurant

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2008

My wife and I live near Atlanta Georgia, and we have sampled vegetarian restaurants in many locations. This is bar none, our favorite place. We rave about it all the time. I have been to Denver several times, and this is definitely among the high points. My wife was recently in Denver for a conference, and she managed to eat at Watercourse 3 or 4 times. After a hardy meal, I usually pass on desert. Not here!

Pros: Taste, Portion size, Price
Cons: Wait times for brunch
dbowland
dbowland

This is the best Vegan restaurant BAR NONE!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2008

This place is awesome. After going there the first time on a business trip, I have gone every time since. It is always amazing and everything i have had has been unbeleivably tasty and beautifully presented. Take a non-vegetarian and let them be astounded at how good it can be. One of the most outstanding things to me is that this place actually has a lot of HEALTHY vegetarian food. Most veg food at restaurants is overprocessed and dead. Finding a place with great tasting live food and enough raw to make a difference, i am just blown away. Keep it up! You rock!

Pros: Live, Raw Food, VERY tasty, Nice Presentation
Cons: Only one restaurant
  • kindlizard kindlizard

they ain't vegan; in fact, my dad got some dairy since we didn't look into it closely enough. don't assume they are or you'll intake something bad "accidentally". they were nice about it but still; we ordered everything extra vegan

rainfall2008
rainfall2008

some of the best food I have ever had

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2007

This is one of the best vegan restaurants I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot worldwide. It has a wide selection of food, everything, and everything that I have had is orgasmic. Try the Donna Lee for lunch and the biscuits and gravey/Amsterdam Hash for breakfast. The boston cream pie is excellent for dessert!

Pros: the best, excellent food, huge proportions
kissme926
kissme926

Wonderful!!

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2007

My family went to eat here on the way to Seattle. The sampler appetizer with hummus, pesto dip and something else with mushroom (i think) was amazing! And all vegan - I could even give it to my baby without worrying it had dairy. I had the smothered fried "chicken.." with mashed potatoes and peas/corn medley. The "chicken" had the tangiest, crunchiest coating that resurrected tastebuds that had been asleep since my KFC days in the 1970's and 80's...It was so good that when we came back around on the way back home, my son and husband had to order it. The mashed potatoes were a little on the plain side (I can make better at home) and the desserts were very good but too sweet the first time, then too mild on second visit. Both times I had the chocolate mousse pie. Prices are not cheap. Both times we spent more than $50 for a family of four and a baby. The somewhat aloof staff (like at many veg restaurants for some reason?) warmed up when they dealt with you at the table. Nice location. In general, a wonderful experience. Would go again to try out the many other things they offer.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere
Cons: noisy
Guest
Guest

Great Food and Super Service!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

I just took my mom to Watercourse for a birthday lunch before a show. Yes, we waited a bit but it was Sunday @ noon (brunch time!) and the wait was still only 20 minutes. Once we were seated our order was taken promptly by a beautiful girl with tatoos (I'm sorry that I didn't get her name!) and the most AMAZING smile! My mom and I were a little nervous about the time because of the show we were going to but no worries necessary as our food was fairly promptly delivered. I had the Macro Plate and could only eat half and Mom had the Juan Wrap and, again, could only eat half - they both were so filling! Mom said her wrap was awesome and even better the next day for lunch and my teen-age daughter DEVOURED the remnants of my lunch the next day. I will definitley be back with the rest of my family again and again I'm sure. One more thing, the service was outstanding, our ice tea and water never reached the "half full" mark!

Pros: super food, outstanding service
Cons: very, very hot inside, not enough space to wait
flamekat
flamekat

Yum

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2007

My mom and I ate at Watercourse tonight. The food was hit & miss. Our appetizer, the Sampler Platter was okay. The hummus, tapenade. and pita were good, but the pestos had a strange texture, and were lacking in salt. My mom chose the blackened tempeh burger with quinoa salad and mixed vegetables. WARNING: the mixed veg is that school cafeteria standby of frozen peas, carrots, and corn. ?! But the burger was awesome and the quinoa was tasty. Pick a different side item. I had the portobello cap. The mushroom itself (polenta crusted with chipotle aioli) was excellent. The grilled carrots, refried beans, and pico de gallo were decent. However the brown rice was not fresh, and the guacamole was very blah. You can get the same portobello as a sandwich, so I would suggest that. I left most of the sides on my plate. We took our desserts home--the chocolate cake and the key lime pie--both of which are wonderful. My mom couldn't believe the cake was vegan. My gripe about the key lime pie is that it has coconut on top and more of a cheesecake texture. As a former aficionado of the dessert from living in Florida, this bothered me more than it should, since it tasted great anyway! My mom also loved her hibiscus tea. It all came to $50 after the tip. Not expensive for all we had. The staff all seemed normal and down to earth, no snooty behavior--just friendly service. Wait times for food was a bit long, but it was pretty busy. 3 1/2 cows

Pros: All vegan dessert tray!, Lots of variety, Good value
Cons: hit or miss on the sides, don't expect a quick meal, frozen veg medley!
marla5575
marla5575

Awesome!

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2007

this place rocks. i don;t live in denver so i don't have the pleasure of dining here consistently, but the times i have been here, i have not been disappointed. as far as some people's complaints about the service - i've never had a problem. as far as prices, they are very reasonable! they have huge entrees for $10 - including protein, starch and vegetable. the assortment of food is fantastic, as well. everything can be made vegan. try the buffalo seitan "wings" - yowza!

Pros: tasty food, large portions, complete meals
Cons: no parking
A.Z.P.
A.Z.P.

Answer to my vege prayers

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2006

While on a road trip, around the west, this was the best vegetarian we found. The food is exquisite. the tastes are unique and wonderful. the service waits on you hand and foot, and it has a great relaxed cafe atmosphere. DO NOT MISS THE SESAME SEITAN!
Five stars out of five!

Pros: food, service, atmosphere
Cons: addictive

Dear Owner and Manager of Watercourse Foods: