Wass Ethiopian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. With Ethiopian food, you will be able to find veg dishes. Has a vegetarian (vegan) combo with injera bread. Large portions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ethiopian, African, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by koala
gabynbrad
gabynbrad

Great food, friendly staff

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

I gotta say, I am now officially addicted to Ethiopian food. From the various beans and veggies to the amazing shiro, it's impossible not to love the food here.
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, but usually not many around and you will wait a long time to get your food, so do not be in a rush.
I absolutely recommend this restaurant. Wonderful food, not expensive and you will leave very satisfied.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Not expensive
Cons: Slow service
krissimi
krissimi

Yummy Ethiopian food for Hamilton

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

It's great this place is in Hamilton since it was years since another one shut down on King Street. Their homemade spiced tea is great too without milk of course.

Pros: good food, location, quiet
Cons: pay for parking, meat is in the kitchen
mekippie
mekippie

Loved it!

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

After hearing glowing reviews from friends for years about Wass, I finally had the opportunity to eat there recently, and I was not disappointed.

I went with a friend and we shared the "Vegetarian" combo (which is all vegan) and added an order of Shiro Wat (the only one of the vegetarian dishes that isn't included in the combo). The server was very knowledgeable and pleasant, and even offered us a sample plate of Yetimatim Fit-Fit (chopped tomato and peppers dressed with oil and vinegar and mixed with pieces of injera) as an appetizer. Everything was delicious and the meal was more than enough for two.

I'll definitely make a point of returning at my next opportunity!

Pros: great food, friendly service, reasonably priced
Cons: so far from home for me

EpicurienDuane
EpicurienDuane

Delicious but deceptively expensive

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2011

I visited this restaurant for my first official date with my now fiancé. We happened to have my 2 young daughters along (I know, bad idea for a first date!). Anyways, the waitress seemed nice and helped order from the limited vegetarian menu. Since my daughters were uncertain we expressed desire to order 1 vegetarian platter to share between us and the girls and added a salad to ensure we had enough. The waitress said we would have plenty of food for everyone. The food was exquisite and although dove and I fed each other like we like to do we definitley decided we'd come back without the kids as it just wasn't the same. Our main issue was when we got the bill. Without explaining, the waitress had givin us the "family" platter which was double the price than what was on the menu. The platter also came with salad so we felt waitress could have specified that. All together with 2 mango juice and two teas our bill was $60!!! We didn't expect that and now question when we may return - too bad because we loved the food, atmosphere, manager, etc. . . .

Pros: yummy, yummy, yummy
Cons: deceptive menu, expensive
koala
koala

Great Place!

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2010

This restaurant has vegan options which are very cheap and delicious. The servers were friendly and helpful. We were there on a very busy Saturday night, yet they were very pleasant and accommodating regarding our dietary needs. It is well worth visiting for perhaps the best deal in Hamilton.

Pros: Vegan options, Helpful , Very cheap
Cons: Busy

Dear Owner and Manager of Wass Ethiopian Restaurant: