Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe offering in-house-made bagels, cakes, smoothies, salads, a vegan rocky road bar, a vegan soup each day. Vegan options are marked. Previously at Grunberger Strasse 83. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
Revaler Str. 16, Berlin-Friedrichshain
Berlin, Germany 10245

Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by wildfang

Brilliant Food, Brilliant Service!

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2014

This is a sort of cafe with a lovely kitsch interior, as well as outside tables. The service industry in Germany is known for it's unhelpful staff, but the girl who served me was the total opposite. Very friendly and as helpful as possible she advised me on what was suitable for a vegan (which I am) and I plumped for a filled bagel with various stuff in, including home-made chilli sauce.

It was without doubt the tastiest bagel I've ever eaten in my life (I only wish I'd had room for a second one!) and was served by the best waitress I've ever met in Germany.

Next time I am back in Berlin I will definitely visit Wahrhaft Nahrhaft again, wild horses couldn't keep me away!
Updated from previous review on Monday December 08, 2014

I'd like to leave this a five-cow review, but for some reason it's only letting me go to four.

Pros: Incredible food, Very attentive staff, Great interior
Cons: None!

Great bagels

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

This is a nice little cafe. Pretty good coffee. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about veganism.

The really strong point, however, is their bagels. The bread is super fresh, certainly up there with the best bagels in Berlin.

Unfortunately there's not so much in the way of fixed vegan items (except the avocado bagel). So some days you're treated to seitan, marinated tofu, roasted vegetables, etc. Other days you're not so lucky.

Pros: Fresh bagels, Good coffee
Cons: A little expensive, Sometimes not many vegan options

I loooove these grrrrls

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

Living close brought me into this cute cafe and I love them. Super nice girls (that became friends now) with handmade food. Very delicious. Sometimes not enough vegan stuff but lil green signs for everything VEGAN. And you SHOULD check the amazing avocado bagel :3 nommmmmm

Pros: lovely ppl, handmade noms, cute interior
Cons: not enough vegan food

Wahrhaft Nahrhaft - a must visit!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

This cafe is so cosy and neatly decorated, it makes you feel at home immediately. The music played is very suitable too!
There are lots of vegan cake options, delicious bagels (just a tad on the expensive side), fresh juices, vegan rocky-road bars and phantastic vegan soups. Well worth a visit or two or three...

Cons: not 100% veggie, slightly expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Wahrhaft Nahrhaft: