Serves meat, veg options available. Makes both sweet and savory waffles and has a vegan & gluten-free waffle base - see menu on its website. Wi-fi access. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

trematode
trematode

My hometown needs a Waffle Frolic

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

After checking out Farm Sanctuary's list of recommended restaurants, we had to hit up Waffle Frolic. I didn't regret this.

They have a gluten free/vegan waffle and their vegan toppings were labled. I noticed that they even had soy ice cream for their dessert waffles. I opted for a vegan waffle with banana, almond butter and coconut. They even offered me Earth Balance. The boyfriend had a vegetarian waffle off of their menu (might have been caramel apple.)

The food was slow, but the awesome service made up for that.

We seated ourselves upstairs. There were board games and an awesome view of the town centre.

Before leaving, we decided to each get waffle dogs to go: veggie dogs on a stick covered in vegan waffle battle with a maple mustard dressing (like a Pogo! I haven't had a Pogo in years.) One of our dogs was comped for some reason. I don't know if it was because we were tourists, we were chatty or the staff member was having a good day.

While waiting, a woman came in who had allergies to gluten and potatoes. She wanted to know if she could eat any of their products. The staff quickly got a hold of the ingredients list for the gluten-free waffle batter and was incredibly helpful. She was able to walk away with a waffle that day.

I couldn't help but noting that a place like this would thrive in my hometown.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 02, 2013

Pros: delicious food, vegan options clearly labled, knowledgable and friendly staff
Cons: a little slow
Eliza13
Eliza13

Good Food

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

This restaurant has very good filling food. It did not have much in the sense of vegetables or salads. It has food for vegetarians such as many types of grilled cheese and waffle meals. The vegan and gluten free waffles were a treat, and you can get real maple syrup for extra money to go with them. There are fruit toppings for the waffles. For beverages, it is more of a tea and coffee shop, but did have orange juice.
The service was slowish, and the layout of the restaurant not ideal, as you have to take your food upstairs to sit, or out on the small patio.

Pros: Great waffles, vegan/gluten free waffles, locally minded
Cons: can be slow, seating upstairs, not that helpful staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Waffle Frolic: