CLOSED: Vshoen Boutique

Vshoen (pronounced "v-shun") is the first 100% vegan-only shoe boutique on Vancouver Island, BC. Features styles for men, women and children, along with purses, belts, and t-shirts. Check out the sales, in-store and online. Ships worldwide. RETAIL LOCATION SHUT DOWN APRIL 2013. more-less
620 Broughton St
Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1C7
250-590-7463

Open Mon-Wed 10am-5:30pm, Thur-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 12-4pm.

First Review by Karpani
carahunt
carahunt

Great shop with amazing owners!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2012

I was so happy to hear that my town was getting a vegan shoe store, but with Vshoen we got so much more! When I attended the grand opening, I was greeted very warmly by the owners - Regan and Devyn. They are not only passionate about their shop and ethical/vegan footwear. They are passionate about making sure their customers feel welcome and cared for. Regan gladly brought out nearly every shoe in the store in my size and I never feel any pressure that you often do at high end boutiques (Vshoen definitely falls into that category!). I have so far bought three pairs of shoes from this store and am very happy. I get loads of compliments from friends and most cannot believe the products are vegan. Regan and Devyn have taken care to ensure they have excellent quality product in store and combined that with excellent service as well. Finally, they have done amazing things with the decor and with branding. They are sure to be around a long time and I look forward to being a long-time customer.

Pros: Great selection, Fair pricing, Compassion + great customer service
Cons: There are no cons!
MomaP
MomaP

Unique Boutique in the Heart of Victoria

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2012

If you haven't dropped in at VShoen Boutique located in the heart of downtown Victoria, now is the times my friends! This store offers a wide range of products from handbags to socks to belts to boots ... all of high quality at affordable prices. You can feel good too by shopping cruelty free :) VShoen has a cozy feel and the proprietors are friendly, helpful and passionate about the store and their cause. If you don't live in Victoria then visit their online store to browse and shop.

Pros: Friendly, Awesome stock, Appeal to wide client range
fran brooks
fran brooks

great store

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Vshoen in person because I live on Vancouver Island.I would like to start of by saying the shop is beautiful,different feel than any shoe store i have ever been in.Secondly the owner was a real gem of a gal who is so passionate about what she is doing ,I not only did I find exactly what I was looking for but I also had a wonderful conversation with the owner about the leather industry.I will definitely make Vshoen a regular stop on my visits to victoria

Pros: great stock, nice feel to the store, good prices
  • ReganForrester ReganForrester

Hi Fran - thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so appreciative to be able to provide an alternative in Victoria. We also appreciate you taking the time to learn why we're doing what we're doing and we're very appreciative that you wanted to learn more from us about the harmful effects of the leather industries. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Victoria!

Karpani
Karpani

Disappointed

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

I was initially excited to discover this site. However, I found the site tedious to navigate and product information is less than minimal. I like to know what a $15-$20 pair of socks is made of before I spend the money . . . and the same goes for a $200 pair of shoes. I would not return to this site for shopping.

Pros: good intentions
Cons: site tedious to navigate, little product information
  • ReganForrester ReganForrester

Hi Karpani - my name is Regan and I am the owner of Vshoen. I'm so sorry your experience to our online store was not a pleasant one. We are in the process of revamping our website. I really appreciate your comments and would welcome any additional suggestion you have in order to make your experience and others who visit out store one that is a happy and pleasant shopping experience. We hope you will visit us again soon and, again, thank you:)
    Warm regards, Regan Forrester

• carahunt carahunt

Their website was just getting started and they have improved it a lot! I hope you will check them out again and support this new vegan business!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vshoen Boutique: