V.O.P. - Very Organic People

Serves meat, veg options available. Cozy cafe with rustic decor. Uses organic for most items. Has brown rice, vegan choices in soups, salads, and desserts. Nearest subway is El Golf. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Middle Eastern, Non-veg
Augusto Leguia Norte 216, Las Condes (besides W Hotel)
Santiago, Chile

Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SherylRyan

Vegan Desert

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

They have a few vegan Desert; Wonderfull Organic fruit pplate, a best Chestnut Puree, an a delicious tipical chilena fruit called "Chilean Papaya", but is a litle yelow one whith fresh perfum.

Pros: Vegan Dessert, Near to The subway, Organic food market
Cons: Litle place

Nice and tasty but few vegan options

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2011

I tried just two different soups, juices and coffee. Everything was very tasty but there were no vegan dessert options. The staff is very friendly and the ambient is nice and cozy. It's a very nice place and it's a shame it's not even completely vegetarian and there are so few vegan options.

Pros: tasty, friendly staff, organic
Cons: few vegan options

I am in love with VOP!!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2011

When I'm feeling sick, like I've breathed in too much Santiago smog and second-hand smoke, the place I trust for clean, organic food that makes me feel better again, is V.O.P. (NOTE: There ARE other organic places in Santiago but as far as I know, none are close to a metro, so access isn't easy & I therefore haven't yet tried them.)

VOP's owner, Alejandra, has grown up organic in a city that knows next to NOTHING about the word. No exaggeration. VOP is located next door to the W Hotel in a wealthy business district with educated executives and shoppers with the means to buy high quality food. But when she opened in 2008, customers would ask her if the "organic" coffee on her menu meant that it came with milk and sugar. Really!!

V.O.P. is not a vegan or vegetarian restaurant... it is veg-friendly. But I wanted to make sure it was listed here because it is the only place in Santiago (that I have easy access to) that is truly educated & passionate about quality, organic food.

Plus the food is phenomenal. The soups are amazing -- I recommend the chard soup with Chilean potatoes. I know that neither chard nor potatoes are macrobiotic, but chard is the healthiest green you'll find here in Chile (I've yet to see kale or collards) and if I understood correctly, they are 'wild', which is beyond organic. (NOTE: There are a few thousand varieties of native potatoes in Chile & Peru.) The pumpkin soup is also amazing.

Also, great choice of natural juices, coffees, teas ... and desserts. Mmmm!

Nearly all the organic produce in Chile is exported (...see your local Whole Foods to see where it's all going.) So please support VOP/Very Organic People and help build the demand for organic produce in Chile!!!

Pros: Organic, clean, Created with care, Friendly, knowledgable
Cons: Not enough people know about it, Not enough people care that it's organic

Dear Owner and Manager of V.O.P. - Very Organic People: