Serves meat, veg options available. Serves New York style pizza by the slice or by 22" pies. Has two kinds of vegan pizzas and six vegetarian, plus rotating specials. Full bar on premises. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
95 Kingsland High St (Dalston Junction)
East London, England E8 2PB
0207-249-7865

Mon-Wed 5:00pm-12:00am, Thu-Fri 5:00pm-3:00am, Sat 12:00pm-3:00am, Sun 5:00pm-12:00am

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by bridget_claire
Woollybum
Woollybum

Always good and toppings change.

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2015

I like that I can eat already vegan pizza at Voodoo Rays. They change the toppings from time to time. Once, they had a beautiful red cabbage pizza that I had to go back for a few times. The pizza is really good for what it is: a slice. I'm glad they don't ruin the lovely fresh vegetable flavours with processed vegan 'cheese'.

Pros: Affordable, Fast, Filling
Emilykmiec
Emilykmiec

No vegan cheese!!!

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2015

This place could easily be worth 5 stars if they had vegan cheese. I got a slice with vegetables and 'green sauce'. It was average - there were barely any vegetables on it, and you'd think with having no cheese they'd at least pack the veggies on instead! I'm not sure if this is always how the vegan pizzas are or I was just unlucky, as another review here says that the quantity of toppings was quite good.

It cost 4 pounds for one slice, which seemed like a bit of a joke when you could get two of the vegetarian slices for the same price, and they have way more toppings on the vegetarian slices. I think it was because the vegan slice was considered a 'special', but trust me, there isn't anything special about it at all, and it's definitely not worth what they're charging.

Everything else about this place was cool - the look, the music, the vibe, the opening hours and the fact that they do New York style slices in Dalston. If you're a vegetarian I think you'd really enjoy it here, as they have plenty of vegetarian options. If they start doing vegan cheese I'll be the first one in line for a slice, but until then, I wouldn't bother.

Pros: Open late, They serve alcohol
Cons: No vegan cheese, Expensive
kezia
kezia

Great Vegan Pizza without cheese.

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

After wanting to try this place for a while, the opportunity finally came up when I was going to see a friend's gig, just around the corner from Voo Doo Rays.
The restaurant is just like a typical 'NY Pizza by the slice' restaurant, the pizza being sold in traditional American style wide slices to eat in, or take away.
The restaurant has a great atmosphere, and was much larger inside than I had anticipated.
I'd heard they did vegan pizzas, (without cheese), but couldn't find any mention of this on their website, so almost didn't go, until deciding to call up at the last minute and check. I think it would be useful, if they mentioned on their website, that vegan options are available, especially as they do two great ones.
My favourite was called "Queen Vegan" The pizza had a crust which was crisp along the edge, but soft and chewy beneath. It was topped with artichokes, green olives, onions, sun blushed tomatoes and drizzled in Voo Doo Rays Green Sauce, (which seemed a bit like vegan pesto). I think despite previous apprehensions, the cheese-less pizzas do work well, due to the quality and quantity of the toppings, but… with all the incredible vegan cheeses on the market, it would be great if they introduced a vegan cheese pizza! I think they would find vegan customers coming in hoards!
Definitely worth checking this place out if you,re in the area.

Pros: Great location -Easy to find, Vegan pizza!!, They serve beer
Cons: No vegan cheese option, They serve meat!

bridget_claire
bridget_claire

Great for a late night vegan snack

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2014

It is so cool that I can go to a pizza place in Dalston with my friends and be able to eat! Thanks Voodoo Rays. I've had a few of the pizzas and while I like the variety and obscurity of the flavours (cabbage/ green curry - interesting) I would give you 5 stars if you had some vegan cheese! Think about the cows Ray! Oh why wont you think about the cows?

Cool name, though that hasn't got much to do with my rating.
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 09, 2014

Pros: Cool name, vegan food late, interesting flavours
Cons: I want vegan cheese!

Dear Owner and Manager of Voodoo Rays: