Donut shop with locations in Portland and in Eugene. Offers unusual flavors, even ones with meat, but also a selection of vegan donuts plus a vegan apple fritter. ATM on premises. House in a pink box building with 800 sq feet of seating inside plenty of parking. more-less
1501 NE Davis St

justhefacts
justhefacts

Culture Crash

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2015

There are few people in Oregon who should be eating these pseudo "edgy" grease bombs in the first place. Of course, if you are counter culture enough to enjoy heart disease and type 2 diabetes this is the place for you.
Dealing with employees who look like they want to off themselves as they mumble at you is trying. All this while standing next to little Sally and Johnny while they point at a cock shaped doughnut and giggle is not my idea of an enlightening moment.
Blue Star has the same overpriced fair with a classy environment and minus the signs of cultural decline and in your face (or mouth) phallic symbol nonsense. Two stars only because they have vegan doughnuts.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 11, 2015

Pros: Sugar High
Cons: Sugar High, Just Look Around
cottrellbentley
cottrellbentley

Great location/parking for the Voodoo Experience

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2015

If your only goal is to get Voodoo doughnuts, go to *this* location rather than their flagship location. Parking is easy, there aren't people begging for your money while you wait in line, and the doughnuts are just as great. Actually, the vegan selection seems to be a little better at this location, but that could just be our limited experience.

Pros: Location and parking, Vegan doughnuts, Shorter lines than original location
Cons: Cash only; no change given; tips expecte, Still can have long lines, Not best doughnuts in Universe
JsemVeganski
JsemVeganski

Too Cool for Customer Service

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2015

Two vegans walk into a donut shop, and I asked her once if they had plain glazed donuts that were vegan, and she said No, fast and furious, like I was the 100th idiot that asked her a question about the donuts that she gets paid to sell; and suddenly I'm the ***hole.
Voodoo Doughnuts used to care about their customers, then the food network happened, and now it doesn't matter.. You're going to eat their yeasty delicious treasure wether a punk serves it to you or a monkey.
At this point, I'd take the monkey.
My friend visiting from overseas always makes a stop here when he's in the city, now, you can find us at Blue Star. Much friendlier and just as overpriced.
If you're day is terrible, why do you have to make my day terrible? I won't be visiting again out of spite.

Pros: delicious, the donuts, variety
Cons: The staff, Cattle lines!?

lai.9292
lai.9292

Vegan dougnuts For Lovers

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2015

LOVE the combinations. We got the vegan dozen and are set for the week. I've been waiting a long time to get my paws on these glorious vegan rings! We let the worker pick our dozen, why not?! She just so happened to pick the few we had are eyes on. One looked like the chakras with fruit loops on top. I'm pleased, it was worth the wait at this location. We even bought a few stickers. I'm in donut heaven. Its worth the "weight" bahahaha Have some self control though people!

Pros: Vegan Chef Special, Divine Sugary Goodness, Colorful Atmosphere And Cute Panties
Cons: Expensive Panties, Lines, Although They Teach Patience And Gratificat, Expensive Merch
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Pink never tasted so good,

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

After being told by a local that it'll be a much shorter wait than at the original location we decided to come here - twice. Both times when we arrived the wait was less than 5 minutes but by the time we left the line was out the door. Serendipity? People following us? I don't know.

What I do know is that most icons are overrated. And Voodoo is a Portland icon. So how did they go? One word....

UnHolyMotherOfTofuThisIsTheBestThingInTheWorldBelievably.

Voodoo donuts are what doughy, oily, sugary, gustatory dreams are made of. These doughnuts don't crumble - they tear. You give them a light press and they don't spring back. You touch them and your fingertips are covered in powder. You bite them and the jam oozes out like Old Faithful. This is the stuff. THE STUFF!

Plenty of vegan options. The Triple-Chocolate-Penetration was too intimidating to try (actually, not sure if it's even vegan) but we went through about 10 donuts each time we went - in about 10 minutes. The sickness we felt later was oh so worth it. And very well priced too!

If you want to contract a disease of affluence then I highly recommend this place to do it in style.

First time I've ever given 5 stars to a non-vegan place.

Pros: White flour, Sugar, Fat
Cons: Still frightened by the triple, chocolate, penetration
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

The smell of sugar heaven

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

We decided to check this place out. We were expecting it to be similar to Mighty O from Seattle. We were wrong!
You can smell the fresh baked goodness before you even step inside. We were also a little taken aback by the fact that there are line gates leading into the restaurant. We heard it could get busy but the fact that these are a permanent fixture should say something! Luckily, we went super early in the morning and didn't have to wait at all.
Inside was dress up similar to a 50's rockabilly diner with some arcade games in the corner. The donuts were ridiculous.
We chose the random vegan dozen and couldn't even believe the weird and interesting varieties we got. Everything from crème filled to fruit loop crusted. The donuts themselves are also huge! I'll be back for sure!

Pros: Huge donuts, Weird combinations, Great selection
Cons: Not everything vegan, Don't get to choose for randon dozen
grantxvx
grantxvx

Vegan Cock Harrassment!?!?

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Well, great donuts, but terrible dude who took care of us. The guy wasn't knowledgeable about what was vegan and what wasn't, and said they don't really sell that many vegan donuts, which seems to not be the case.

Funny story: My wife wanted the vegan cock donut, but didn't want to say "vegan cock", so she said "cream filled donut". The dude kept on playing like he didn't know which one we were talking about and trying to get my wife to say "vegan cock", and then said it wasn't vegan!

RabbitEars
RabbitEars

Awesome Sugar Coma

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

This new location of Voodoo is a nice antidote to the downtown one. The building looks like it might have once been an old restaurant, so has lots of indoor seating. The line here is usually only half as long as downtown, and there's much more room for some of the line to wrap around indoors - so you're a little dried off by the time you order. Plenty of kitschy stuff on the walls to hold your interest while in line, and the music blasts to keep your mood up (and a little rebellious). Counter staff are friendly and not at all harassed or stressed-out like the folks downtown sometimes are. The vegan donuts are specially marked in a rotating display case, so step right up and order your delicious sugar coma!

Dear Owner and Manager of Voodoo Doughnut Too: