Opened since July 2013, this vegan cafe is attached to the front of O2 Yoga Studio, which has another location in Somerville. Offers sandwiches, wraps, warm soups, pastries from Cafe Indigo, locally made FoMu vegan ice cream, coffee, tea, and smoothies. Also in the space is a retail store selling US-made produces plus a wellness center offering massage, acupuncture, and chiropractic services. Take Red line to Harvard or Central T stops. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out
1001 Massachusetts Ave (Mt Auburn St)
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138

Babette
Babette

I love this place

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

This is a great coffee shop where you can buy all sorts of goodies like vegan jerky, ethical chocolate, etc.

You even get to choose between coconut creamer, soy milk and almond milk for your coffee.

I highly recommend the tofu breakfast sandwich.

Pros: Friendly staff, Large windows, Great food
BostonVegan
BostonVegan

Excellent food and service

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

Finally made it in here during their business hours. It is in the front of a yoga studio so they are focused on the breakfast/lunch crowd of yoga people and presumably nearby businesses.

Had a great (vegan) cream of broccoli soup and also a salad. Both were delicious and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

They are only open for dinner on Fri/Sat, which is when I went, but they may be expanding their hours on other days to stay open until 6p not just 4p.

Pros: Great food, Helpful staff
Cons: not open late on weekdays
veganuts
veganuts

got breakfast

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I was pretty excited on a Sunday morning while staying in Cambridge to walk over to 02 Vegan for a breakfast sandwich given the high ratings it has received on Happy Cow. I was equally disappointed with my experience. The breakfast sandwich consisted of over cooked tofu on a bagel (they did not have French Bread) with veganaise which I requested to have omitted. Upon leaving, I politely took my dishes to the counter where I was curtly schooled that I did it wrong. There was a bussing station where I was to take my dirty dishes. When asked how my meal was, I told the truth (tofu over cooked and I asked for no veganaise). The staff person said "oh yes the tofu was over cooked, we have to make a new batch!" I was dumbfounded at that point. The staff knew that the product was substandard but served it anyways. In addition, this small cafe allows for voices to carry, a fact that the staff appeared unaware of as they loudly discussed. art, history and the finer points of veganism (eg. is it ok for hunters to kill their own food etc). I should have turned around and left when upon my arrival into the cafe the staff person announced 'at' me "This is a vegan cafe. Everything is vegan". I responded with a friendly "Oh that's good 'cus that's why I'm here!". The place is after all called 02 Vegan and the word vegan is splashed everywhere inside the cafe.

• KelvinKillmon KelvinKillmon

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience during your visit. After your order was prepared, it came to our attention that one of our new employee trainees had overcooked the tofu that morning, and we took steps to rectify the situation. If you would like to come back we would be happy to prepare something else for you free of charge.

As for our use of the word 'Vegan', we are in an area of Cambridge which receives very heavy foot traffic, and people often come in requesting Lattes, Ham and Chicken Sandwiches. We try to be clear to avoid confusion. Our cafe is small, and we do employ a diverse group of people (not all of whom are vegan themselves). I am sorry if you were offended by their discussion of art, history and food ethics. Unfortunately there is no way for us to soundproof our open kitchen; the cafe was designed so that our customers could view the preparation of their food and feel more involved in the process.

mmmscott
mmmscott

very good and cute

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

I enjoyed the tofu breakfast sandwich very much! would go again and try other stuff. did not make it for lunch.

Thesindelk
Thesindelk

Have the Spicey Monkey Smoothie

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

Seriously, just do it. Or the Seitan Slam. I'm sure everything else is delicious, but I can't get myself to try other things.

kristinev
kristinev

A Must Visit!

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2013

Great food, great people, all vegan cafe heaven in Cambridge! I ate there every day I was in town. So great to have vegan cream cheese and vegan breakfast sandwiches in the morning and other hearty sandwiches for lunch. Wonderful and friendly service in this oasis with great vibes!! Loved it! If you are in Cambridge it is a must.

halfbaked-idea
halfbaked-idea

A Vegan Goddess!

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

You will finding nothing but warmth and happiness at this cafe. Wonderful recipes that bring back childhood memories. Perfect for a quick snack or full meal that will leave you feeling at peace for the rest of the day! I definitely recommend to anyone who a. is a vegan or b. doesn't believe that vegan food can be just as satisfying as non-vegan food!

Pros: Excellent cakes and smoothies, Hot sandwiches , Friendly atmosphere
francesca.bresciani8
francesca.bresciani8

Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

They have the best vegan muffins/brownies and cookies I have ever tried. MUST GO THERE, at least once to try their super fresh and delicious pastries!!!!!

lemonswirl
lemonswirl

Cool smoothies, sweet treats, and warm welcomes

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

I was really pleased to see that VO2 opened. They carry a yummy selection of treats (including mini creme filled cupcakes!) and their house-made smoothies are delicious. They are adding sandwiches as I type this and the sample taste they offered me today was delicious. The best part of VO2 though is the staff--they are really friendly and welcoming. Definitely a great place to meet up with friends for a treat (before or after a yoga class since the cafe is connected to O2 Yoga) and some good conversation.

Pros: Healthy options available, Quiet..music isn't too loud, Good selection of treats if you want one

Dear Owner and Manager of O2 Vegan Cafe:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Cambridge page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/28